Chapter 11-20

Chapter 11 Weird Change A

Shaw Danon looked at the bead for a while, his breathing gradually grew calmer. Aside from the colour, the brightness of the bead looked somewhat different; he couldn't find any other differences so he put it back on his chest. He looked at Hidi and saw that she was still unconscious, but her face wasn't as pale as it was before. She seemed much better now.

He held out Phoenix Soul and carefully looked at it. This was his first time looking at an esper so closely. It felt soft and very comfortable; reminding him of the flying figure of Hidi, his heart filled with envy.

After a moment, his hand gestured like Hidi's and he called out "Up!"

Phoenix Soul was like a dead snake; no reaction and motionless.

"Jiji Jiji," the grey monkey held its belly, fell on the ground and laughed.

Shaw Danon stared at it; but after struggling through difficulty together with this monkey, he felt a little friendliness and the hostility from the past was gone. He spit out his tongue then made a face to the monkey and ignored it. He put the Phoenix Soul back next to Hidi; then his eyes looked at the pond in the open ground.

It was a small pond, could not locate where the water cane from; probably from underground springs. The pond water was jade green, impossible to judge its depth. There was a gap on the west side of the pond where the water flowed out and merged into a stream.

In the center of the pond, there was a stacked pile of rocks of varying sizes and shapes; a small part of it showed above the water. Among the rocks, there was a black rod. One foot of the rod was exposed above the surface, the rest of it was under water. It was black all over, could not tell what type of material it was composed of, but it was ugly for sure.

Shaw Danon didn't care about it, he only felt this place was very odd and that they should leave as fast as possible. Although Hidi was fine, she was still unconscious. No matter how hard he tried she didn't wake up. But the gray monkey on the other hand, was extremely energetic, scratching its head and catching lice restlessly; sometimes it pounced between the trees. It picked a few wild fruit and tossed two to Shaw Dannon; then, it sat down on the ground and began to eat.

Shaw Danon took a bite of the wild fruit. It was sweet and juicy; his appetite could not help but increase. Since he went up to the mountain early in the morning and chased the monkey, he had not had a drop of water for the whole day; and now, near noon, he was already hungry. He finished one after a few bites and was about to pick up the second one; he suddenly shook his head, gently set it beside Hidi.

After eating the wild fruit, the hunger in Shaw Danon's belly diminished and he felt refreshed. He stood up and stretched, looked at the surrounding area. The ancient forest, gurgling streams; such a beautiful scene, who would know this place was strange.

At this moment, Shaw Danon suddenly felt heat against his chest. A moment later, several muffled "Kaka Ka" sounds arose, seemed like something had broken. He was shocked and quickly took the bead away from his chest. He was surprised to see green light glowing on the bead. The green energy inside was as aggressive as wolves and tigers and hit hard against the surface of the bead. The "卐" that was inhibiting the energy became weaker and dimmed; seemed like it was not able to withstand any more.

Shaw Danon didn't know this common looking bead was actually the well-known evil item - "Sinister Orb." The bead's origin was unknown; however, it's special ability to absorb creatures' essence and blood was notorious. If any living thing came near it, "Sinister Orb" will suck out all the essence and blood to their death in just a moment; leaving only the skin and bones behind. It was the most horrible evil item. A little more than a thousand yeas ago, the bead was obtained by Elder Blackheart. He used it's power to siphon out blood to refine it to an esper; suddenly, he became the strongest individual and killed a vast number of people from the side of Good. His reputation increased dramatically. It later became one of the Four Evil Treasures. After the death of Elder Blackheart, the bead went missing.