Where Should We Go (6)

Veronika POV
I left the winter soldier and headed for a thrift shop I saw across the road.
I walked inside trying to act normal, I went to the back of the shop and picked up a backpack, I ripped off the tag and put it on my back.
I then walked around the shop gathering women and mens clothes hoping they would fit us.
I went into a stall in the bathroom and put the clothes in the backpack, then left it there.
I was beginning to gain memory back so i felt bad about what I was going to do next.
I waited till there was no one at the till and when they were gone I opened it and took all of the money. Every last penny. I quickly went back into the bathroom and climbed out the window with the backpack full of stuff.
I crossed the road and went back to the winter soldier "Here put these on" I said passing him clothes. I then stripped my clothes off in front of him and put on jeans and a hoodie. The winter soldier soldier was staring at me in awe, "What" I said "Sorry eh... Um what do we do now" he said back hesitantly. Without awnsering him I began to walk through the forest, i was  looking for thing tat could be useful. The next thing I would be doing is getting a car which I had been taught how to do in the 15 years I wasn't frozen, I was taught PhD level things in those 15 years so I would be the smarter of the winter soldier and I.

I walked over to a junkyard which had some old and some new cars, the winter soldier and u snuck in through the fence. "Get number plates off the cars, we'll need them later" I said to him, he began getting the number plates and I began getting a car. I got it to work so now I was waiting for the winter soldier. He got in the car and I drove straight away smashing through the front gate, taking a sharp turn and speeding off through the town until eventually we were driving through the country side.

****

We had been driving in silence for a while now. I noticed that this car had a radio which meant music, and I'm not an idiot I know what music is I've just never listened to it before so I turned the radio on. The music was horrible I had always thought it was something nice that people danced too but I would never dance to this, so I switched the radio off. "Only like 40s music huh?" the winter soldier said.

"that was my first time listening to music actually" I replied. "It's weird being able to just drive on our own."

"Yeah, I feel more like a person now. Do you remember anything about yourself?" he asked me

"Nothings coming to me, what about you." I asked back

"I think my names bucky and I think I knew Captain America, I keep getting flash backs of the 40s but that's all I can remember."

"Bucky......" I say "Its a nice name"

"Where should we go?" Bucky said

"What's the time?" I say looking at the time on the dashboard "6.30pm..... Okay we could just park the car in a forest for the night and make a plan for tomorrow."

"Okay yeah" Bucky said

******

We continued driving and I started to get flashbacks from my past

"Again" a woman said in a Russian accent.
I was standing at a ballet bar doing a routine, I looked about 10.
"If you want to earn the title of red widow you will put in the effort" the woman said. "She's only nine she shouldn't be getting red widow training for a long long time."a man said to the woman." She can and she will. HYDRA will give us a great deal of money if she is a black widow, she can learn and be taught things there. Now Veronika AGAIN. "the woman was now yelling at me.

I snapped out of it and looked at Bucky. "I think my name is Veronika" I say to him breaking the silence after our last conversation "Oh that's a nice name." He said smiling and I smiled back.
It began to thunder rain for the rest of the car ride.
*******
It was around 9.00pm and I pulled into a forest and parked deep down "We can get in the back and sleep here if you want." I said to Bucky. He seemed fine with that and we both got in the back of the car and drifted off to sleep.

I was standing on top of a building thousands of images of people's faces began flickering in my head, the screams of mothers and children rang in my ear, people were running everywhere scattering around the place, people were holding dead bodies and crying, more and more people flash in front of my eyes. Everything was over whealming I was sweating, panting, running until...... Boom. And explosion went off and everything went up in flames, I was in front of a huge black gate with fire catching on to everything.....

I shot up and started panting heavily, I was sweating and I had a terrible head ache, I looked over to Bucky who was sleeping beside me shirtless in the car. His metal arm was out and I stared dead at it, looking at his scars imagining how painful that would have been, I started to rub my thumb across the scar on my left arm, the scar was in the shape of a star about the same size as the one on buckys metal arm, i started to feel tired again and I rested my head on Buckys arm because it was cold and I would get rid of my head ache. I wasn't planning on falling asleep on his arm but I didn't realise I had and I slept well for the rest of the night.

*******
I woke up Bucky's head was rested on top of mine and his arm was around my shoulders. It was a bit awkward seeing as I had only known him properly for about a day. I wanted to let go of his grip but I didnt want to wake him up but it turned out he was thinking the same thing, I felt that he was awake already so I released from him and apologise "Sorry I didn't realise..." I began "Its okay" he said, he began to reach for the bag and he tossed me clothes and he got clothes for himself. I was the same clothes as yesterday.

"Where would they not expect us to go?" he asked as we began to get in the front of the car. "I don't know Scotland, Jamaica...." I suggested. "Ireland" bucky continued "Hydra aren't in Ireland are they?" he finished

"Guess we'll have to go and find out."

AN. Sorry there's probably 10,0000 spelling mistake. I had to write it really fast so yea....
Next chapter will be up before Sunday