Living With Eachother(8)

I was back in the water the hand was still reaching for me, I grabbed it turning around to stab someone in the abdomen. Blood filled the water leading my eyes to not be able to see, I panicked, my chest feeling tight, I swam to the surface where there was a man who pulled me out by my hair. I was crying and panicking he dragged me out of the water and left me on the ground soaking wet covered in blood. A woman came in the room with a stick. "You *bang* can't *bang* even *bang* finish *bang* a *bang* fake *bang* mission" the woman dropped the metal stick that she was hitting me with, "Your useless" she spat. She then walked out of the room leaving me covered in bruises and even more blood belonging to myself.

I shot out of the bed heavily panting, I had my hand on my chest, it was like I had just felt the pain of it for a second time, I got out of the bed I was boiling, I noticed bucky was fast asleep so I took of my shirt hoping it would help me cool down, I went to the freezing hoping it would have even ice in it so I could cool down my head as I had a headache again.
****
Buckys pov
I heard some noise over near the kitchen "Veronika?" I asked. And I sat up looking at her where she was standing by the fridge, "Sorry" she said wrapping her arms around her stomach, I then realised she was only in her bra. "oh I didn't realise —it okay sorry" I said stuttering. She sat beside me in bed looking at my arm contemplating something "Sorry can I just..." she cut herself off and grabbed my metal arm and put it on her face. I didn't know what to do, it wasn't in a dramatic way or in a weird way although she was a kind of weird person, but I was in a peaceful way. My brain clicked and I realised my hand was cold and that's why she was doing this. "Are you okay?" I questioned. "mhm" she said implying that she was okay. "Did you get a nightmare or something?" I asked. She took my hand off her face "no" she said simply. "It's okay, I get them too" I said knowing that she just didn't want to tell me. She then unexpectedly dug her head in the crook of my neck. "I'm just so tired" her voice said in a whispering sad tone, I hesitated before putting my hand at the back of her head tangling my hands in her hair. I then lay down from our sitting position still holding her, I looked at her arm noticing a star burnt into her skin. I squeezed her tighter, it was a weird feeling, we were both deprived of touch, but this didn't break her she was still tensed up,not showing the sadness I knew she was hiding. I rubbed my thumb along her scar. And she broke from my grip. "Sorry" she continued "that was stupid of me" she finished. I was going to say something but I didn't I just lay down and turned my back to her and she did the same.
*****
A week later
We both woke up in the morning, I went into the bathroom to get a shower, I didn't know what veronika was doing.
The water was cold, freezing. I had no shampoo or conditioner or body wash just water to rinse off with. It was really boring staying in this apartment doing nothing each day, well sometimes we would play old card games I remembered from the 40s. Other times we would just sit in silence, I went in the shower a lot, not always to shower, but to think, to be alone but I feel like if I wanted to be with anyone it would be veronika because she understands what it's like and she's very quiet which is good because I get headaches easily. The bathroom is the only room on it own the rest is a small open plan apartment.
I finished my shower and walked out of the bathroom wearing black shorts and no shirt, I had been wearing that for the past 3 days since we didn't have alot of clothes and Veronika would also wear the same black tank top and black mens shorts everyday even to bed.
Veronika had two sandwiches on table, "We only have lettuce and bread" she said to me, "We should probably go to the market again" I replied. "It's not open today we can go tomorrow" she said. "Okay yeah".
I sat down on the couch, and Veronika stood at the window looking out.
She then quickly closed the crooked blinds. She was looking even more closely through the gaps. "What's wrong" I asked. She shook her head and looked back at me "Nothing I'm just paranoid" she said holding her arms like she always does.
She took the sandwich and sat right next to me which she usually wouldn't do.
We finished up and I got up to put a shirt on but I heard something outside the door. We both quickly stood up and stared at the door.

AN. ahahahaha CLIFFHANGER BITCHESS. K sorry but yea the next chapter will be full of action and love😉. Also I'm back to school (frig my life) so story updates might take a while, but I don't put a whole lot of work into school so nothing should change drastically.