Ch 2. The Awakening

~Galar Region~

~Galar Region~

There was a mixed aroma of sweet and tart apple that filled the air to go along with the coziness of the sofa. Isaiah was buried up to his neck in blankets, with a warm moist towel lying across his forehead. The bruises he suffered on his arms had faded and his body aches were no more.

A light-brown skin teenage girl strolled into the living room with a tray of fresh warm towels. She placed the tray on the coffee table and sat down beside Isaiah. She took it upon herself to watch over him until he was back to full health; She knew Isaiah would've been worse off if left to her dad. The girl looked at the resting boy, not knowing when he would wake.

She pressed lightly on his forehead to feel the temperature of the towel, "it's getting cold," she whispered. The girl slowly peeled off the used towel before slowly replacing it with a fresh one.

"There, all better," she whispered as she lightly tapped on the warm towel. Isaiah's face twisted up and his body twitched giving the girl a slight scare. She pressed her hand over her heart.

"Phew, for a second I thought you were about to wake up—"

"Gallade!" He shouted, now sitting upright and breathing heavily. She squealed causing her to jump back away from the sofa. Decorations, cups, and the tray of towels fell on the floor after she bumped into the table.

"I-I didn't mean to disturb you," she said.

He firmly grabbed the towel and threw it aside. Isaiah looked around gradually, but his initial opinion was the small size of the house. He noticed portraits and pictures of the girl he sat before with who he assumed would be her father. There was spelunking gear that sat in the corner of the room near the front door.

"Where am I?" He asked. Isaiah looked up at her, "who are you?"

"Peonia!" The man from the pictures in the house stormed through the front door. He stumbled over the threshold nearly losing his brown hard hat. Isaiah shuddered as the freezing wind snaked inside behind the man. He ran over to his daughter, snow falling from his orange jumpsuit.

"I heard screaming and came running to rescue my little Peonia!" He showed her a great smile that revealed his pearly white teeth.

"Dad I'm fine ugh, but Isaiah is finally awake," Peonia said.

"Oh," the man turned to look down at Isaiah. "It's not nice to give strangers a name." He said in a whisper.

"But dad—" Peonia tried to explain to her father.

"Nia, this boy is not a Pokémon. What is your name young man?" Her father leaned in as icicles from his beard hit the floor.

"Um, Isaiah...but how did you know that?" Isaiah asked Peonia. He had only recently come to but he was sure he never told them his name. Isaiah zoned out while she was explaining how she knew his name. He caught a glimpse of the television and he saw two giant Pokémon inside a stadium. The battle against Hoopa flashed in his mind and his head began to throb.