Ch 8. Muscular Milo!

~Route 4~*Late Night*

~Route 4~
*Late Night*

There were no hotels or any Trainer Inns in Turffield. The Pokémon Center was full, due to more or less every challenger finally making their way to Turffield for their first badge. Isaiah remembered the camping gear he had received from Professor Magnolia. He found a secluded spot toward the right of Route 4 where he set up camp for the night. Isaiah set his sights on obtaining the gym badge from Milo in the morning.

*Sinnoh Pokémon League - Bertha*

Isaiah stood across from the eldest elite four, Bertha. He exhaled all of his doubts and anxiety. Both Gastrodon and Serperior put him at a great advantage over her ground-type team. She may be elderly but Bertha is far from a pushover. A perfect battle for him would be a Serperior sweep, but even he knew that wasn't likely to happen.

"Well, you're quite the talented Trainer. I'm Bertha and I specialize in Ground-type Pokémon. Would you show an old lady how much you've learned throughout the PBLSA?"

Serperior and Wishcash materialized on the battlefield at the same time. Isaiah called a Leaf Storm instantly, smashing into Whishcash and dealing major damage. Once the storm subsided, the whiskers pokémon fell on its back, belly up. A rindo berry seed sat on the stomach of Whishcash. Bertha attempted to keep her Pokémon upright by halving the damage taken from the Leaf Storm, but it wasn't enough. The Contrary ability increased Serperior's power by two stages instead of lowering it.

The Twin Tusk Pokémon had the best chance to take down Serperior before it wreaked havoc on her remaining ground types. Mamoswine used Ice Shard, a priority ice-type move. The sheer natural power of the ice and ground type nearly brought Serperior down, but it was taken out by Leaf Storm as well. Isaiah's heart thumped, so far everything was going according to plan.

"Oh my, this is very troublesome. I believe I've lost this battle." Bertha said with a smile. Isaiah was taken aback by that statement. Was an elite four member admitting defeat prematurely?

Gliscor was up next to oppose Serperior, another Leaf Storm let off, one-shooting the Fang Scorpion Pokémon. Sereperior's special attack was now maxed out at six stages. Nidoking fell victim to Giga Drain immediately when it touched the battlefield.

With Serperior now fully healed, the battle was over. Hippowdon and Bertha's ace, Rhyperior, both fainted from a stage 6 boosted Leaf Storm. Isaiah didn't expect the battle to go exactly how he planned, but he wasn't complaining either.

"Dear child, that was very impressive. Even though I've lost, I find myself with a smile! Now, let me leave you with this... If you find yourself losing someday, and even if your feelings are crushed, always remember to stay as strong as the earth beneath you."