Ch 4. Wedgehurst

~Galar Region~

~Galar Region~

Isaiah found his seat without too much difficulty. A lone blonde woman was reading a magazine, to no one's surprise, it was Leon and Charizard on the cover. She didn't pay Isaiah any mind when he plopped down on the cushion across from her. A few minutes into the ride and he was already feeling drowsy. Instead of fighting it, Isaiah placed his head on the window of the train and closed his eyes. His mind began to drift but he was still aware of where he was until he wasn't.

*Sinnoh Pokémon League - Aaron*

Aaron's relaxed demeanor never faltered even as he only had two Pokémon remaining. The elite four were on an entirely different level than the trainers in the PBLSA. Isaiah already anticipated Aaron's bug types would give him trouble during his Elite Four challenge. His team didn't have a favorable typing advantage against them so he decided to be the aggressor in the battle early on. Isaiah prepared by teaching his Pokémon different moves for better coverage against the Elite Four. With more than half of his team having the ability to boost their offensive power, it'll be essential to set up during battle.

Dragonite was first up against Aaron's Yanmega. The speedy bug and flying type used Ancient Power to send a cluster of floating boulders at Dragonite. Due to its multiscale ability, Dragonite took the super-effective hit with ease, triggering its weakness policy thus increasing its offensive power by two stages. Amid the attack, Dragonite drove a boosted Dragon Claw through Yanmega, ending it in one shot. It was smart of Isaiah not to reveal Flamethrower during that matchup. Scizor was quickly engulfed in a boosted Flamethrower, fainting before getting a chance to make an impact in the battle. Vespiqueen fell victim to Flamethrower and a finishing Dragon Claw but not before getting a considerable amount of damage on the dragon using Power Gem.

Isaiah switched in a healthy Gastrodon for its bulk against Drapion but it resulted in a double knockout. Gastrodon connected with a boiling Scald and two super-effective, ground-shattering Earth-Power attacks. Drapion badly poisoned the sea slug, combined with a critical-hit Cross-Poison attack, and Sucker-Punch.

Serperior stood its own versus the mystic Pokémon, Flygon. The grass serpent trapped Flygon in a Leaf Storm, boosting its special attack by two stages. Flygon retaliated with a Bug Buzz for super-effective damage. There was a clash of the two opposing Dragon Pulses in the center of the battlefield, that caused a plume of purple and blue smoke to rise. As Flygon went for Ice Punch, Serperior sent it spiraling back with Dragon Pulse, knocking it out.

Aaron's Heracross avenged Flygon by mega evolving and taking out Serperior with a powerful Pin Missiles. Ambipom was raring to go, and upon flipping into battle, it taunted the mega. Heracross used Rock Blast to unleash an onslaught of boulders at the normal type. Ambipom danced and dodged around the attacks while closing the distance. Heracross braced and lowered its mega horn at the two-tail Pokémon.