Ch 10. Suprise Evolutions at Hulbury

~Wild Area~*Doppled Grove*

~Wild Area~
*Doppled Grove*

     Isaiah was relieved to see Darkrai in Galar. He remembered the mythical taking on its counterpart, Cresselia, during Hoopa's attack in Driftveil. It wasn't until Isaiah realized, he never once thought about Darkrai's wellbeing. He did capture the mythical so technically, Darkrai is part of his team just as much as his other Pokémon.

"I am so glad to see you," Isaiah let out a sigh of relief."

'Likewise,' Darkrai replied.

"Wait, how did you end up in Galar?"

"During my battle with Cresselia, well it wasn't much of a battle... I was trying to talk some sense into Cresselia. My words couldn't get through, the control was too strong. When Hoopa's ring appeared...I pursued Cresselia, hoping to free her once on the other side."

"I thought you two were sworn enemies or something like that..."

"Ah, there was a time when even I thought the same as you, but it's a common misconception. We may be opposites but we work alongside each other, seldomly."

"If you teleported here around the same time as I did, what took you so long to find me?"

"I was trapped inside of...a crater? A cave perhaps? There were groups of weaklings constantly challenging me. Whenever I disposed of them, another group tried their luck to beat me."

Isaiah thought for a second, "Oh, you must've been inside of a raid den."

Darkrai turned his back to Isaiah, "Terrible creation, they even tried using those wretched pokéballs to contain me. I knew I had to get away as soon as possible."

"I didn't know Pokémon could escape from a den," Isaiah mumbled.

"All I did was attach myself to one of their shadows, it was child's play. Now, why were you running away from that..."

"Ultra Beast," Isaiah interjected.

'Ultra...Beast?' Darkrai asked. Isaiah nodded in response.

"According to the Pokédex, it's not even from this world, whatever that's supposed to mean," Isaiah replied.

"Hmm, what a strange place we've been teleported to," Darkrai turned around swiftly and pointed at Isaiah. "Surely Dragonite could've taken down that Ultra Beast."