Broken 💔

Anokhi felt cold waves running down her body.She tried to talk something but it didn't leave her mouth,the reason being the man who was grabbing her tight out of fear and helplessness.She struggled to find words to ease him.

"I never thought they will ask me to do something like this Anokhi."...Shaurya almost choked.

"I can't express what am I feeling right now. I am already dead inside."

Anokhi slowly loosened her grip and pulled him out of her embrace.She softly cupped his face.

"What did you say then.."...she managed to ask even though she very well knew what he must have said.

Shaurya raised his eyes to meet Anokhi's.

"You know my answer already Anokhi!"

She felt a strange pain deep inside.Shaurya scrolled his eyes all over her face.Atlast he continued to give her more clarity.

"They asked me to leave you behind."

Anokhi's heart pricked when his words reached her ears. Tears welled up in her eyes but she prevented it from rolling down.

"And I said that I won't ever do that."....saying this he hid his face in her chest trying hard not to cry anymore.

Anokhi on the other hand was battling with the sudden rush of emotions within her.She randomly ran her fingers all over his back and sometimes through his hair consoling him .At the same time she tried hard not to get overpowered by her own emotions.

"PS ...I think..."...she hesitated.

But as soon as she started talking Shaurya raised his head and made an eye contact with her.

"I think..."...she continued.

"Don't say it Anokhi."...he cut her in the middle.

"But..."

"I said DON'T."

Anokhi stopped immediately.

He exactly knew what was she up to. The mere thought of her leaving him for his happiness was too much for him.

"I already have too many people in my life who gave up on me ,left me telling me that it's for my good,ran away from me giving me some petty explanations. I don't need one more person who will repeat the same thing ,tagging it as some 'holy sacrifice'. I just hate sacrifices Anokhi."

Anokhi looked at him puzzled.

'How on earth did he manage to figure out what I was trying to say'....was the first thought that came to her mind.

"I know you more than yourself .I can read your thoughts from your face."...Shaurya spoke pulling her out of her trance.

Anokhi looked at him in guilt.

"It's all because of me....right ?"

Shaurya was already too drained out.He looked away to show her how much he hated that question.He was tired of telling her always that she is not the problem but she is the only solution to his every problem.

But his silence broke Anokhi .She looked down and started crying.

As soon as he heard her sobbing , his eyes travelled in her direction.He was devastated but her tears ignited something else inside him.Is it possible to break something that is already broken?...well for him the answer was positive.To be honest,he still managed to tolerate what all happened some time back but this was too much for him.

Shaurya took a deep breath.He realised that if he breaks , he won't be able to manage Anokhi anymore. He stood up and extended his hand in her direction.