Elf AU

This is a VERY rough draft of a concept idea for the 'Elf Au' so don't judge it too harshly. Have fun!

    New Orleans August 13th, XXXX

"Quick he's escaping!"

Leaves crushed, branches broken. Logs lept over as the group chased after their target.

A shadow darted through the thick forest. Dodging between small gaps in trees. They seemed to thicken the further he got. However he did not stop. Not when his lungs screamed for air, not when his legs ached and not when his heart pounded.

He gasped as an arrow flew past his ear. Nearly hitting it. Just by the skin of his teeth he managed to dodge it's silver blade.

He turned back, large frightened green eyes seeing the path ahead.

"You will not leave without punishment!" The old man's voice called in the far distance. Quickly drowned out by the crowd of rushed footsteps.

His blood ran cold as the roots burst from the ground from those very trees. Within seconds they twisted and turned. Weaving into a earthy gate with no exit.

Baring his teeth he looked around, keeping up his pace.

His eyes widened as he saw his escape route. He looked behind him to see the group drawing closer. "Halt!" One yelled, firing their arrow again.

He quickly lept to the right out of the arrow's way. Which would have penetrated his head if not for that quick movement.

He sprung up, grabbing the branch of the trees. Grimacing as the bark seemed to almost burn his skin. That's what it felt like. The forest was yelling at him, he could hear it. It was mad at him, it hated him. Just as they did. But he no longer cared.

"Anthony don't!" He halted only for a split second at that familiar voice. He looked over his shoulder to see her in the distance behind the group. "Please don't! They'll kill you out there! Please!"

His tongue was like sandpaper, throat tight and dry. His lips parted as some sliver of his heart fought to reason with her. Ignoring his instincts that screams loud enough to be in his ear, to RUN.

But he was too slow.

And when it hit him he cried out in pain, loud enough for his wails to fill the forest. Then a growl left his throat, baring his teeth as he looked down at his arm.

"No!" He heard her shriek, pleas to go near him were ignored. As she was pushed back.

The arrow (thankfully) hadn't gone all the way through, thank the forest. But it impaled his left arm. And he could see the red liquid oozing and dripping down his tube top.

There was no more time.

    New Orleans August 13th, XXXX

"Quick he's escaping!"

Leaves crushed, branches broken. Logs lept over as the group chased after their target.

A shadow darted through the thick forest. Dodging between small gaps in trees. They seemed to thicken the further he got. However he did not stop. Not when his lungs screamed for air, not when his legs ached and not when his heart pounded.

He gasped as an arrow flew past his ear. Nearly hitting it. Just by the skin of his teeth he managed to dodge it's silver blade.

He turned back, large frightened green eyes seeing the path ahead.