radioapple

This is a radioapple scene from a future book. This is my attempt at writing Alastor coming out as ace in an era were nobody knows what that is yet. If you are ace please feel free to let me know how I did in his portrayal and how I could improve. 

The current scene is set somewhere in the 1990s. Alastor and Lucifer have been dating (around) a month at this point (can be changed later). Lucifer and Charlie are having a sleepover at Alastor's house (they do this often now) and Lucifer is laying in bed with Alastor while Charlie is bunking it with Alastor's mom in her room.(?)

Lucifer liked Alastor's house.

He liked how warm, cozy and inviting it felt opposed to the gigantic mansion he owned. He liked how small Alastor's bed was compared to his own. Because his bed felt empty. Hallow. Alastors was small and cozy and because it was small it made them have to lay closer to each other. Which...neither ever seemed to mind.

He liked it here.

He liked taking Charlie out along the banks with Alastor to go exploring. He liked how warm the neighborhood was. How kind they were to Charlie. How the fellow kids in the neighborhood played with her. It was such a stark contrast to the wandering judging eyes of his own neighborhood.

As Lucifer lay there though, Alastor in his arms. He felt something was off. Alastor felt...tight. His body was tense. "Alastor?" He asked, gently. His voice is quiet. "Are you awake?" It had to be almost midnight if not early morning by now. But since the birds were quiet, he assumed night.

"Mm."Lucifer lays there for a moment. He's unsure if Alastor is really awake or if he's sleep talking. He's about to try going to sleep himself when he feels Alastor move in his arms. When he opens his eyes Alastor is moving away and sitting up. Lucifer lays there for a moment, watching Alastor with growing worry as he sits facing away from him. He's hunched forward and his head is hanging low.

After a moment, Lucifer sits up too.

"Whats wrong?" He asks carefully.

Alastor's response is immediate. "I need to talk to you."

"Okay?" He shifts forward but Alastor turns away. So...he keeps his distance.

They sit there in silence for a few minutes. Lucifer tries to fight the anxiety growing in his chest like a beast. And the desire to start pacing around the room. He settles for tugging at the sheets repeatedly.

"I understand we have been together for a month now. And this may seem sudden. But I believe there's something we need to talk about."

" ...I'm listening."

Alastor looks nervous, he's staring at the wall without a hint of a smile on his face. Lucifer noticed Alastor smiled a lot as a person. A long sigh comes from him. And at least a few minutes pass before Alastor even tries to speak again. It's like he's contemplating dropping the subject altogether. Lucifer's grateful he doesn't. Because he's not sure he wouldn't be able to not worry about it if he knew something was on Alastor's mind. And that it was bothering him.

"I..." He starts, messing with the bottom of his hair. "I'm not a very big fan of sex, or...sexual activities in general."

The statement catches Lucifer off guard. Because...well, like Alastor said they'd only been together for a month. And sure he'd known plenty of people and friends who had done way more than he's done with Alastor in a month. But, he enjoyed that they were taking things slow. After literally marrying someone at 18 and having a child at 19 (even though he loved Charlie very much) just to be divorced not long after, taking things slow was what he desperately needed. Having said that, neither of them had even glanced at the topic of sex. So to hear Alastor bring it up felt...strange.