Chapter 6

Shinobu POV:

I woke up to the smell of smoke. It seemed to be becoming a regular occurrence, not good. I got up and went downstairs.
"Nee-san are you burning stuff again?" I asked rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Hehe uhh maybe..." she laughed nervously. Mm... not surprised I thought walking towards the fire.
"What's this?" I asked lifting up the lid of the pot and sniffing it. Burnt.
"Rice..."she muttered.
"YOU MESSED UP RICE!?" I face palmed.

"Yeah your sister isn't a great cook. I tried to help but she wouldn't let me." A male voice interjected.
"Oh hello, Sanemi." I smiled. "When did you get here."

"Sanemi-san slept over." Kanae muttered suddenly finding her feet all interesting. I looked at Sanemi with a raised eyebrow and saw that he was also looking down.

Wait- does that mean the noises last night weren't my imagination. I snapped out of my haze and grabbed a Chefs Knife, and before he knew it the knife was on his throat.

"What did you do to my sister?" I asked calmly, tick marks appearing on my forehead.
"What's going on in here?" Kanao asked yawning while entering the kitchen. "Oh, hello Sanemi-san."

"Sanemi slept over here." I muttered hand still on Sanemi's throat.
Kanao looked at me like I was crazy.
"What's wrong with that?" She asked sincerely.

"It-" I got cut off by a hand on my mouth.
"Protect her innocence." Kanae said calmly. I rolled my eyes. Fine.
"Nothings wrong with it Kanao." I smiled.

I removed the knife from Sanemi's neck and twisted it in my hand like pro to make him more afraid of course.

"Did you sleep well Kanao?" Kanae asked.
"Mm not really, I don't know what it was but there was loads of noise last night and I couldn't sleep." She responded.
"N-noises?" Kanae asked. I giggled.
"Were we that loud?" Kanae whispered. I decided to tease her.
"Yes you could've woken the whole neighbourhood." I whispered back giggling.

"Oh Nee-san, have you checked your phone this morning." Kanao asked.
"No actually. Why?"
"No reas-"
"She sent you something!" Kanae butted in quick.
"Ok." I responded going upstairs to get my phone.

Once I got upstairs and looked through my messages I saw an unusual one from a number that wasn't in my contacts.
< Go to sakura lake at 12. Dress up. DONT BE LATE.
<Ara Ara, and who might you be? Demanding me to show up somewhere?
-read 10.15

How rude. Reminds me of Tomioka-san.

I guess it can't hurt to go.

I got ready and watched TV until 12.30. I told Nee-san I was going out and she insisted on driving me for some reason.

Then we left our house and went to the Sakura Lake.

________________________________

I arrived at the lake and sat down on the bench. Scrolling on my phone for a while.

"Kochou?" I heard a deep voice ask.
"Tomioka-san?" I was shocked.

(Flashback Tomioka POV. 2 hours ago)

I woke up and checked my phone as usual. I had oddly stopped having those dreams about Kochou, maybe it's because I finally found her.

I scrolled through my messages and saw that I had a text from an unknown number.

< Go to sakura lake at 12. Dress up. DONT BE LATE.
<who is this?
-seen 9.45

Okay then. I guess I'll go. Nothing suspicious about this right.

I ate and got ready. Then at 12.30 I told Tsutako I was going out and left.

(End of flashback)
_________________________________
Giyuu POV:

"Did you send the text?" We both asked simultaneously.

"I don't even have your number Kochou." I replied blankly.
She smiled, "Would you like my number Tomioka-san?"
"I- uh...sure." I replied, my cheeks flushed at the thought of being able to talk to her whenever.

We exchanged numbers and walked around the lake for a bit.
"Well since we are here together we may as well do something." I said.
"Ara Tomioka-san asking me out again are we?" She teased. I stayed silent.

"Tomioka-san." She said giving my arm a poke. "Tomioka-san." She poked me again. Great she's in annoying mode.
"To-mi-o-ka-san." She poked me every time.

"Tomi-" I grabbed her wrists mid poke and leaned close to her face making her blush.
"Yes Kochou?"
"Uh..what are you doing Tomioka-san?" she asked obviously flustered.

I smiled. I got my finger and bopped her nose.
"Cute." I said, still smiling. She was blushing so much right now it was almost amusing.
"B-baka!" She said pulling away. I just laughed.

"Are you flustered perhaps Kochou?" I teased.
"You idiot tomioka-san. Shut up. She muttered. She so cute.

___________________________________
Shinobu POV:

We walked around for a bit more mostly in silence because I was still flustered.

Tomioka-san had gone to a candy stall to get us some cotton candy. So I was just waiting on a bench for him.

"SHINOBU-CHANNNN"
"Fuck no." I muttered. I don't have time to deal with this guy. With what happened last time it could get worse as there aren't
many people around.

I decided to try and ignore him to see if he'd go away. I failed.
"Douma." I said not even trying to force my fake smile.
"Hello my beautiful Girlfriend!" He exclaimed with open arms.

"We aren't dating. Now stop talking to me." He started to move closer. I could feel his presence behind me. For some reason I couldn't move.

"Now now Shinobu-chan, your precious bodyguard isn't here to save you this time." He whispered in my ear. "So do as I say."

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" I heard Tomioka-san shout. I felt so relieved.
"Oh it's you again. What are you doing with my girlfriend?" Douma asked no longer smiling.

"We are on a date you ass." He replied walking towards us fist clenched.
D-d-date? This isn't a date is it. I mean I may be starting to warm up to him. I might be possibly catching feelings too. Wait what-

"Date? Is that true Shinobu-chan" Douma asked me reaching his hand out to me. I couldn't move.

In a flash Tomioka-san was next to Douma holding him up by the collar.
"Didn't I tell you to leave her alone!" He said teeth clenched. Douma stayed silent he looked a bit scared. Tomioka-san released Douma.

I stood up and Tomioka-san instantly shielded me with his body.
"Come near her again and I might just kill you." Tomioka-san threatened. Douma finally backed off.
"I'll see you another time my Shinobu-chan!"

"NO YOU FUCKING WONT YOU BASTARD!" Tomioka-san shouted.
"I've never seen you so mad Tomioka-san. And...thanks." I said a bit frightened.
He turned towards me and must've seen the fear in my eyes, he pulled me close and hugged me.

"You don't need to be afraid Kochou. I'll protect you." He whispered.

"Promise?" I asked.

"I promise." He responded. Then he kissed me on the forehead.

Tomioka-san, I think I might be falling for you.

___________________________________
A/N
Someone's catching the feels 😏😏

This is gonna be the second chapter uploaded today. It was shorter than I thought it would be. Only 1232 words. Next chapter will be up tmrw.