Chapter 7

"Happy birthday baby." Harry says into his phone. He hears Louis chuckle bashfully.

"Thanks, Harry." He says back. Harry smiles and turns onto his back on his bed.

"You didn't open your present right?" Harry asks and Louis groans.

"No, you spoilsport. It's been mocking me in my suitcase all during break." Louis says and grabs the box that was wrapped wonderfully by his even more wonderful boyfriend.

"You finally get to open it now baby. Let me see you." Harry says and begins to ring in a FaceTime call. Louis answers, smiling sweetly at Harry before setting his phone up somewhere so Harry could see Louis unwrap his present. Louis takes a breath and starts to rip off the wrapping paper. Harry just watches, a small smile present on his face as he watches his boy.

"Oh, new shoes!" Louis says excitedly. Harry chuckles and watches Louis open the vans box pulling out the dark green checkered shoes.

"These are so pretty Harry. I love them. Thank you." Louis says. Harry sits up and bends over to grab his pair.

"They match mine. Green for you, blue for me." Harry says with a grin. Louis' features soften even more. They smile at each other, the unspoken agreement of what the colors stand for.

"I can't wait to see you." Louis says as he lays on his bed. Harry sighs and does the same.

"Me too baby. Two more days."

"Two more days."

+

"Be safe my love. Text me when you get there." Louis' mom tells him. Louis hugs her back tightly. "I will. Love you mum." And with that, he's off.

The drive over to Harry's doesn't take long, there's practically no traffic since it's New Year's Eve and Louis speeds just a bit so he can get to his boyfriend as soon as possible. The closer he gets the more nervous he gets. He's never been good at meeting new people, and he's never met the parents of his significant other before. Albeit, he's never had a significant other. At the same time, he's excited, as nervous as meeting new people makes him, it's still a nice thing. Hearing their stories, seeing their lives and how it ties into the life of one of his favorite people on the planet.

"Siri, call Harry." Louis says to his car. It begins to call Harry. He answers after a few rings.

"Are you here?" He asks eagerly. Louis chuckles. "Not yet. About ten minutes. Can you meet me outside? I don't want to knock." Louis says and Harry laughs. "Yes baby. See you in ten."

When Louis pulls up to the manor he has to actively stop his jaw from dropping. They have a fucking fountain in front of their house. A fucking fountain.

He stops his car by the front door because by the gestures Harry is making that's where he wants him to park. He gets out of his car and takes a few quick steps into Harry's arms. Harry groans and lifts Louis off the floor a bit.

"I missed you sunshine," Harry whispers and kisses the side of Louis' head. When Louis is back on his feet he pulls away from Harry to see his face. They both smile brightly at one another.

"Hi." Louis whispers and leans up to kiss Harry in the same breath. Harry is still grinning when another person exits the house. Harry takes Louis' key out of his hand and hands it to the man in the suit.

"Thanks, Jack." He says. The man salutes him and gets into Louis' car.

"But my—" Louis starts. "They'll bring your bag to your room." Harry says against his temple paired with a feather-light kiss. Louis sighs and rolls his eyes at Harry.