Chapter 13~ The Confession

"I like you."

Daichi's eyes widened in shock and his grip suddenly slackened as he stared at Sugawara. "Wh.. What..?"

The moon elf took a sharp intake of breath as he realized what he had just uttered and immediately looked away, his face flushed deeply. 

"N-No, I- I meant- uhm-" he stuttered incoherent syllables, unaware of the brunette's hold on his wrists tightening again. Eventually his voice trailed away as he hesitantly turned his head back to Daichi, at first avoiding his eyes before finally locking his gaze and Daichi's.

For a few moments, they sat there. Daichi's strong, calloused fingers wrapped around Sugawara's thin, slender wrists. Their similarly coloured irises gazing into each other's. Slowly becoming mesmerised with their shared presence; the curious magic of attraction causing them to forget the events of just a few seconds before. Their minds both becoming misty, devoid of thought. And slowly, they moved closer to each other, gradually lessening the gap between them. Several inches became only a few, those few inches became centimetres, and those centimetres became nothing as they closed their eyes and melted into each other in a kiss. 

A rush of mild tingles ran down Sugawara's spine as the pleasurable warmth of Daichi's lips collided with his; he felt Daichi's grasp on his wrists relax as the brunette wrapped his arms gently around Sugawara's waist instead, leaning forwards a bit and deepening the kiss. The moon elf felt his cheeks heat up as he slowly raised his hands, lightly clutching the former's shirt.

Eventually the two pulled away simultaneously, with no sense of time or space - it was just the two of them, in their own little world of happiness and peace. Sugawara's hazy, flushed face centimetres away from Daichi's similarly contrasted one. At this moment both of them were the most important thing in each other's life. There was no possible action that could interrupt them. Daichi pulled the moon elf into a hug, embracing him tightly as a grin of pure happiness spread across his face. Sugawara jumped from the sudden action before hugging back, burying his face in the crevice of Daichi's neck.

The brunette's eyes widened as he felt warm drops on his shoulder and he pulled away just enough to look at Sugawara - tears running down the latter's face as his face held a curious expression. "What's wrong?"

Daichi lifted a hand, gently cupping Sugawara's cheek and wiping away one of the trails of tears running down his face. "That's my line, what happened? Why are you crying?"

The moon elf looked a bit surprised before giggling and resting his forehead against Daichi's chest. "I'm just.. really happy, that's all~" The younger male smiled at this, kissing the rest of Sugawara's tears away. Blushing softly, Sugawara looked into the brunette's dark, chocolatey brown eyes with a subconscious smile on his face; resting his head on Daichi's shoulder, he closed his eyes.

Daichi wrapped the arm that he had lifted to wipe away the silver-haired male's tears around Sugawara's waist again, staying silent for a few more minutes before eventually speaking up, "So.. are we dating yet?" Laughing, the former nodded and looked at Daichi again, his joyous beam and twinkling eyes absolutely adorable. "We are."

(A\N: I'm sorry for the chapter being so short, I tried my hardest to make a cute confession and ended up with no ideas for what happens afterwards! I hope you were satisfied with the chapter, and thank you for reading!)