8. A Date In A Field (T'Challa/Black Panther)

I was just finishing setting up the bed of my truck when the familiar low growl of T'Challa's fancy car drifted to my ears. Smiling a bit, I tossed the bean bags into the bed and stepped back to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I had spread a thick blanket over the bed to keep the dirty plastic from ruining everything, a cooler of an assortment of pop cans, bean bags for each of us on top of it, and a couple blankets in case we got cold. T'Challa was supposed to be bringing the food, and I was more than excited for this date.
   Walking around the side of the truck, I spotted my favorite guy strolling across the field with a take out bag in hand and his car keys in the other. He clicked the lock button over his shoulder, and his car, which couldn't make it through the field, beeped loudly as it locked. I grinned and shook my head, leaning against my beautiful truck that made it into the field without a problem.
   "What are you laughing at?" He asked once he was near enough.
   I grinned a little wider. "My wheels aren't confined to the road, darling."
   "Yes, but you don't have to face paparazzi. You wouldn't still have this beater if you did." He teased.
   "Eck, he is not a beater!" I objected, pretending to be hurt. Gently rubbing the side of my truck with my hand, I assured my truck he was just teasing. "Don't listen to him, he's just jealous that his car is a wimp."
   "It is a wimp, but it makes me look good." He chuckled, tapping my chin with his index finger before walking around to the bed of my truck.
   Following, I watched as he tossed the Hardee's bag on the blanket and sprung up after it. Me, I kind of clambered up into the truck before heading straight for the food. He playfully snatched the bag away from me, though! I raised an eyebrow, and he smirked, tapping his lips twice with his index finger. Playing along, I sighed and scooted over on the blanket to press a light kiss to his lips. Then, he gave me the bag of food and I made a small happy squeaking sound as I began pulling out the burgers and fries.
   "Food!" I exclaimed happily.
   He laughed loudly. "You'd think someone was starving you."
   "I haven't eaten since seven am, okay?"
   "Ah, then the young starving lady must be fed!"
   T'Challa flopped back on a bean bag, biting into his own burger and looking all too comfortable. I knew it was nice for him to be able to relax after a long day of training and stunts, though, and I couldn't help but simply gaze at him for a moment. Then, I began scarfing down my fries to hide my blush. The fact that he liked me still blew me away often, and I blushed more than I liked to admit. But if it was because of him, it was worth it!
   After finishing up the food and a pop each, I joined him on the bean bags and we just watched the clouds float by together. His arms around me and my fingers gently drawing patterns on his forearms as we hung out. We talked about each other's days, his newest movie offer, my recent raise at my job, what the clouds resembled, and other random topics. But later that evening after we had both gone home, he told me that his favorite part of the date was when I had fallen asleep in his arms. I had felt bad, but he insisted that it was cute, so I couldn't complain too much.

(Published August 27, 2021)