Chapter 1: A New Era

As the sun rise over the savannah, the arrival of Kiara has brought animals large and small across the kingdom to celebrate the new future queen. After the fall of Scar, Simba looks forward to making a new chapter in life with his daughter, teaching her everything his father, Mufasa, has taught him. Simba and Nala couldn't be anymore proud. A few days pass and everything is going very smoothly for the royal family, until on this particular day would change their lives forever. As Nala is walking the path with her cub, she spots something down by the watering hole. She takes a few steps closer and gasps in shock, like nothing she has ever seen before. A silver colored lion cub, weak by the water which appears to be unconscious. Nala looks around and sniffs the air to see if her mother is somewhere nearby, nothing. She gently picks up the weak cub and hurries back to Pride Rock with Kiara right beside her. The other lionesses and the king smell an unfamiliar scent, as Nala climbs up the rocks, Simba and the other lionesses are stunned. Nala gently sets the cub down in front of Simba with a worrisome look. "Nala, why on Earth do you have this cub?" Simba asks. "Simba, she needs help, I found her by the watering hole and she's very weak." "Then why didn't you take her back to her mother? We don't need another mouth to feed." Nala shook her head sadly. "I looked for her mother and tried to get a scent but I got nothing." Simba looks at the cub in annoyance. "She is not going to fit in here, she doesn't look like one of us. If you find someone to take care of that cub she can stay, if not, she goes." Nala is shocked what Simba has just said. She glanced at the other lionesses and they looked puzzled like she is. A couple are shaking their head and a few won't even make eye contact. Nala starts to think and steps forward. "I will take care of her." Simba looks back at his queen in awe. " Nala you just had a cub and you want to bring in another? She's an easy target! Do you know how crazy you sound?" "I would rather be crazy than to abandon this motherless cub." Said Nala with a Stern voice. Simab looks at the cub and looks back at Nala. "Fine, she can stay." He turns to walk into the cave when he glances back at his queen. "But that doesn't make her mine, she is yours to protect." Nala looks down at the cub, who is now awake, and smiles. "As long as I raise you right like Mufasa raised Simba, everything will be ok, won't it Alari?" The cub looks at her adopted mother and mews in acceptance. This will be the start of a new era.