Chapter 5: We Are One?

Alaris POV
After a few minutes of dad carrying me with everyone in front of us, dad stopped for a few seconds and signaled everyone to keep moving. Mom looked back with a worried look but kept walking. Dad set me down on a rock and I couldn't even look him in the eye. "What were you thinking? You could've gotten killed!" Simba said sternly. "I'm sorry Dad i-" "what did I tell you about calling me that? After what you did today you don't deserve to call me that, you put our whole prode in danger, there is no telling what they are going to do in the future." I looked down and started to cry. "I didn't mean to...Simba." he continued to scowl at me and then he sighed. "If Kiara would've been with you, your punishment would be way worse. For the next few days I want you to sleep outside the cave. I don't want you putting us in danger." He turned and walked away. I stayed Frozen in my tracks. Sleep outside? I can't believe it. I hung my head and started walking home. As I walked through a small pond. I stopped in the water and heard Simba and Kiara talking. "Well what if I don't wanna be queen, it's no fun." Complained Kiara. "That's like saying you don't want to be a lion, it's in your blood, as I am, you see, we are one." I watch them walk off then stare down at my reflection in the water. 'why am I so different? Why am I this way?' I hit the water with my paw and started to run. I climbed a tree and laid on the branch and started to cry. 'if we are one then why am I not being treated like it.' "well I guess you are good for something Alari!" Kiara says walking up to the tree snapping me out of my thoughts. I gave her a mean look. "Oh yeah? What's that?" "Putting our pride in danger. Like dad says, your an easy target. He doesn't believe you'll survive through adulthood." She says smartly. I've had enough so I jumped down off the tree and walk away. If only Simba knew what I can do. I'll start practicing to hunt on my own. I don't need Simba or mom to teach me. I will have no problem on my first hunt. He will see.