Chapter 9

*Tom's POV*

"Tom listen I know you want her to be your assistant, but I have a bad feeling about it."
"James, I respect you and your descisions, but now you're being an idiot. She's perfect for the job. She's good on the matter! She's always on time with her work and more important we have a good relationship. We will make a good team, an amazing team. Please James."

The past weeks we've been having meetings with the teachers to assign our student-assistants for this year.
I wanted Lauren to be mine, obviously. It wasn't just because I love her, it's also because she's my best student and candidate.

Jones, from history, was also interested in Lauren. Of course he was. A good (looking) student, who doesn't want her to be their assistant. Plus it's ridiculous to assign her to him. He gives her one hour of history. It's not even her major subject, English is!

It seems like James, our headmaster, is willing to pair her up with Jones. I can't let that happen.

"Look Tom. Jones is desperately looking for an assistant. He can use her help."
"Then assign him someone who majors for his subject not mine!"
James sighed and looked back at her form.

I do hope she gets to work with me.

*Lauren's POV*

"Miss, I called you over because I have descided to assign you to one of our teachers as their assistant", the headmaster said to me as I took a seat.
"Of course Sir. I am very happy and gratefull for the opportunity", I said polite.
"Great! Now of course you're wondering who I assigned you to aren't you?"
I nodded heavily.

Please let it be Tom. It seems obvious, maybe too obvious. I am one of his best students and I major for English.

"I've made the conclusion to pair you up with doctor Jones."

My mouth dropped open.

Why him? Why not Tom? Was this my karma for having an affair with him?

Well maybe if I was assigned to Tom there would be more fucking than working, but still. Jones is only teaching me one hour per week. How can I be of any use for him?

"I guess you wanted to work for professor Hiddleston and this might be a dissapointment, but doctor Jones can use your help."
"So does Tom."
"Professor Hiddleston will pair with another student. Now my descision is made. You may go." And with that he sended me away.

Jones. Why Jones? This can't be real.

Well I guess I'll go and meet my new "boss".

I walked to the office of doctor Jones to ask for my work. I knocked on his door and heard a "come in".

I slowly opened the door to find him sitting behind his desk, reading packs of papers. He looked up through his round glasses and gave me a welcoming smile.

"Hi Sir I just had a conversation with the headmaster about the assignment."
"Ah yes you're going to be my new assistant right?"
"Yes Sir."
"Well before we start, please call me Indiana. I hate the sir-thing", he smiled.
"As you wish."

"Good, now I am reading through these essays. Since you are an English major student I suppose you know how to correct spelling and grammar. My focus lies more on content not language, however the managing board wants that the students get graded on that too. I want you to do that. You can take these essays with you and correct them when you want as long as I have them by the end of the month. You might wanna use a simple pencil."
"Of course Sir. I'll do my best."

He handed me the pack of essays and I packed them away in my back pack.

Jones was a nice guy. He's goodlooking too. I will have fun with him and it won't be as bad as I thought, but still. I wanted to be with Tom. I wonder who's the lucky bastard assigned to him.

"Tom I am here", I called him as I opened the door of his appartement.
"I'm here", I heard him shouting from the back nearby our room.

I dropped my bags and ran towards him. Bobby was sleeping in his study room and didn't even realise I had arrived. I greeted the cute little thing and searched for Tom.

I opened the door from his bedroom and found him sitting in his white boxers on the edge of the bed.

"Hiddleston", I said suspiciously,
"What are you doing?"
"Undress."
"Wha-"
"Do it sweetheart."

I did as he asked me and undressed myself. His eyes traveled over my body, desperate for a touch.

Before I had the chance to take my last piece of clothing off, my panties, Tom stopped me.

"Wait, close your eyes." He moved closer to me and came standing behind me. I felt the warm skin of his chest touching my back and his hands covered my eyes.

He lead me into another room, I guess the bathroom. It was warm and I recognized the smell of perfumes and soaps.

"Open them."
I opened them and gasped when I looked around.

He had filled the bathtub, lit up candles, rose petals, his laptop standing in front of the bathtub to watch a movie and a bottle of champagne.

"Tom-", I gasped as I looked around.
"I love you so much." I turned to hug him and kissed him deeply. I slowly took off his boxers and he my panties to leave us naked.
We took place in the bathtub and the night could begin.

Tom gave me a glass of champagne and slowly slipped his hand under the water to reach mine. He took it firmly and had a soft but worried expression.

As I sipped from my glass I asked: "are you alright?"
"Yes, I just- I feel lucky to have you."
"And I to be with you."

He leaned over to me and I to him to give a kiss. Our lips crashed on one another and my arms flew around his neck as his went to my sides.

"How was your day today? You seemed a bit zoned out", Tom said as he took another sip from his drink.
"Well I got assigned to Jones and have to check his essays on spelling and grammar", I told him.
"Are there many?"
"No not much. He gave me 'till the end of the month'. It should be fine."
"I know you'll be fine. You're my best student."
"That's why I wanted to be your assistant, but someone up there doesn't like me."
"Look I tried to change James' mind but he didn't want to listen. I tried."
"Who got assigned to you?"
"Louise."
"That slut?"
"Someone's jealous", he teased. 
"I am absolutely not!"
"You are."
"Okay what if I am? I have my reasons! She's pretty, she knows that. All the boys and teachers look at her. She just wants to be your assistant to get close to you and get good grades and maybe some personal pleasure as well."
"Do you truly think so little of me", Tom asked slightly offended.
"Tom I think the world of you. I just don't trust her."
"Trust me. Besides I should be jealous."
"Why?"
"Jones is very goodlooking and all girls love him. You're lucky."
"I am indeed, for having you."
"You're bloody right."