Programming

The male typed furiously as if he's doing a typing test, his eyes was glued to the screen as he coding out endless programs whilst Toya was sitting on an untouched bed and a USB cord connected to him the entire time, not moving an inch. A playlist full of songs, Akito likes, filled the room as he continued uploading more information into Toya's hard drive. He's happy with being able to activate him, but he shouldn't stop there; he wanted to know more about Toya and why wasn't he expressing how he feels.

Akito yawned from being deprived of what humans call "sleep" and rubbed his drowsy eyes as he turned to Toya, who stared at him with the usual blank expression on his face.

"Toya."

"Yes?"

"Smile."

The android did as he was told; the corners of his mouth moved up, eventually showing his teeth. His facial expression was something Akito knew he would expect from an android. He only sighed because it seemed like a forced smile, something similar to characters with scary smiles on their faces or both, even.

True, there was still lacking in Toya as it was something that can't be made easily. Akito was creating a sprecial program, called a "heart." As of right now, he wanted to teach Toya the feelings of joy and sadness humans express, that was his wish.

"Something like this." Said Akito, who showed a picture of someone who looked exactly like the android. Sadly, he still couldn't smile the same way the person in the picture did, but it made Toya's curiosity raise higher than how it was previously.

"Akito, who is he?" He asked, making the boy's olive eyes widen in surprise.

"This guy?" Akito points to the picture as the android responds with a 'yes'. "He's my partner, Aoyagi Touya."

"Touya? Does that mean you named me after him?"

"Yeah, and I got your appearance from him, too."

"How would he feel if he found out I'm here?"

Another question that broke Akito's heart; he couldn't bear answering questions related to his partner, who is revealed to be Aoyagi Touya. After what happened during the live event, Ephemeral Life, he couldn't bear it.

"Akito?"

Akito dropped to the ground, crying out because he had missed his partner, oh so dearly. His two group mates, too, felt the same when it came to the news that Touya wasn't going to live a longer life. The ginger felt angry, frustrated, sad, and many other negative emotions that can lead to nothing but despair.

The more he thought about it, the more he cried in agony. It continued, however, time was only slipping away. During that dark time, he had experienced the pain of losing someone you love. Despite being with his friends, he still felt lonely that he stopped hanging out with them altogether.

Of course, they still visit from time to time, but it wasn't enough; even his older sister was worried about him. Then, he recalled what his upperclassman had said when he had not other choice but to see what he's been up to since he heard this other upperclassman had passed.

"Shinonome-kun, I also understand the feeling of losing someone you love, that's why I've been working on this project for a while." His upperclassman, a male with lilac hair, said.