Goodbye, Thank You

A few days later, Akito and Toya are in front of the cherry blossom tree that bloomed a while back, feeling the grass beneath them as Akito went and rambled about the things he wanted to say so far. As for the heart program, Akito was still working on it due to how restless he was.

"In life, there are things we are happy and thankful for. Other times, we would feel sad or frustrated over something." He rambled. "Those are one of the things I learned about this world as I got older. This world isn't something you can treat like a picnic or a field trip; eventually, we struggle, work had to achieve what we want to acheive and most of all, in order to get stronger, you'll have to rely on your teammates or comrades. You aren't always going to be on your own because you'll have them being there for you."

He recalled the time when Akito and Touya had their first fight prior to joining Vivid BAD SQUAD. It enraged Akito to the point he punched Touya's cheek when he said the music they once did had no meaning. He also recalled the time when Touno Arata had told him Akito, himself, is talentless and the least interesting member of Vivid BAD SQUAD, which led to the ginger going over his limits.

He also recalled a memory way back in Middle school when he was in the school's soccer team. He thought he had poured his whole heart and soul into aoccer, yet his team had lost to the team that worked harder than him, leading to him quitting the club. If it weren't for Ena, Akito would've continued to sulk about that match.

The happy times, he remembered he and his partner finally made up, when Touya finally got over his father, and when An, Kohane and Touya arrived at the live house on that day he went solo and carelessly joined events. On that same day, Akito proved to Arata even if he has no talent, he'll still have people being with him. According to the other members of Vivid BAD SQUAD, it was thanks to Akito that everyone had started to improve more.

On the day when he had met Touya, it made him happy. If he hadn't reached out to him to become his partner, who knows where Akito would be? Overall, being with Touya made him happy more than anything else in the world, that was why he felt despair shoot through him like an arrow from a bow.

"Akito, are you okay?" Asked Toya.

"Yeah, I am; just spaced out a little, I think."

Before Toya was "born", Akito's thoughts were filled with solitude and nothingness, crushing his chest. After those xx years of creating him a month after the death of his partner, he finally felt that warmth he once lost, despite overcoming tears of joy during Toya's activation. If it weren't for his upperclassman, Kamishiro Rui, he would still be in the spiral abyss of despair.

It was Toya who made Akito's locked-up heart move again with his silent gray eyes right before him. If Akito devoted his life to him, even those eyes of his could be filled with life as well... What Toya has given the red-head is a heart capable of loving someone else. In return, he wanted to give the bue-haired android a wonderful thing brought to his attention — a "heart."

From that time on, many seasons have passed and so did years, but those gray, empty eyes still remained in Toya. No matter how much knowledge Akito tried to link together, the boundless answer was as evasive as always. Eventually, he was unable to resist the flow of time, on his last day, together with Toya...

Akito became xx years old when he knew he won't last forever. During the rest of his life, he taught Toya the joys and griefs people experience to the wonders of the world and how humans eventually die. Life — it's as transient as snow and fragile as glass. Akito had despised he wouldn't be able to complete the program before his life would come to an end.