Chapter 2 - The Guardians

10 years later

Jack P.O.V

I look up at the sky and see the colors. I sigh. We have to meet up at the workshop, the northern lights were North's signal. I call the wind and shoot up towards the North Pole.

I land in the workshop two seconds before Bunny. I smirk at him and I swear I see his hand twitch to his belt where his boomerangs are. Ten years have past and he still can't seem to like me.

Now don't get me wrong, the Kangaroo and I have become better friends then we used to be but some things just die hard.

All the other guardians love me, I'm particularly good friends with Sandy, or, the Sandman.

Soon, Tooth pops up and North turns off the lights. "What's up?" Tooth asks.

"Manny wants us." North replies simply. Manny is the man in the moon, he's the one that turned us all into guardians. I look up at the skylight and see the full moon shining through.

The beam of light that the moon is emitting hits the circle by the globe. We all watched as it travels to the center and a big diamond-shaped crystal comes out. I gasp, "A new guardian?" The others nod, even Bunny is paying attention now.

As we watch the lights bounce off the crystal, a figure appears over it. It is obviously a girl but other than that, I have no idea who it could be. The crystal goes down and Manny speaks to us. "Her name is Elsa, right now, she is ten and is the princess of Arendelle. When the time comes, she will join you but you need to help her along the way. Jack, you are meant for this."

The beam of light fades away and the moon moves out of the way of the skylight.

Everyone starts talking at once.

"Ooh! A girl!" Tooth exclaims. "Finally!"

"What? We don't want her on our team! We barely got used to Jack!" Bunny yells.

Sandy's dream sand is changing so fast over his head, no one knows what he is trying to say.

"Why me? What do I have to do with this?" I wonder aloud, not caring if the others hear me.

"QUIET!" North's Russian voice booms. Everyone was silent, even Sandy's sand falls onto his head. "Now we don't know why and we don't know when but we are getting another member whether you like it or not." Bunny grunts and Tooth squeals. North ignores them and continues. "As Manny said, we need to help her so that when the time comes, she's ready. I also assume that because Manny pointed out Jack specifically, he is the only one that can do it."

Everyone looks at me. "Do you know anything we don't, mate?" Bunny asks.

I shrug, I honestly have no idea why Manny picked me for the job. "Maybe because I'm the newest so I can relate?" Everyone looked doubtful but continued with the conversation.

Sandy shows us a princess, a castle, and then holds up ten fingers.

"You're right Sandy, all we know about this girl is that her name is Elsa, she's a princess, lives in Arendelle, and is ten years old." North agrees.

"Nice job at being cryptic Manny." Bunny mutters.

"Well, we just have to find her and figure out the next step!" Tooth says, totally not catching the sullen feeling in the room.

Bunny looks ready to fight her for being in such a good mood. North starts talking before he can make up his mind. "Tooth is right, we have to find out more. We will go and find out who exactly she is. We leave tonight."

We all nod and go our separate ways to get ready. I fly through the skylight and let the wind carry me anywhere. As I am flying, I start to think about when I joined the guardians.

--- Flash Back ----

I walked to the workshop style cottage where I stopped at the door, listening to the people inside.

"Why would we need another member, and Jack Frost?" Said a heavy austrailian accent.

A russian accent replied, "Manny must think we need help defeating Pitch." Pitch? Who's Pitch?

"We should at least give him a chance, he might help!" A peppy, girly voice interjected. That was when I walked in.

"I don't know if I can, I don't even know why I'm here." I said, slouching as I walked towards them. "Do you guys know why the moon sent me here?" I looked around and saw a short golden man that looked like he was made of some sand mixture. A giant bunny that stood on his hind-legs with a belt that had boomerangs in it. A huge human with a tattoo on each arm, one said naughty, one nice. Finally a giant skinny bird girl that had blue and green feathers. I quickly recognized them as the Sandman, the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, and the Tooth Fairy, or the Big 4.

They all looked at me and then Santa came over, he patted me on the back and introduced himself as North, then the others as Sandy, Bunny, and Tooth.

We got to know each other and eventually, after fighting and defeating Pitch, we became friends.

---- End of Flash Back ----

I finally land at a pond. The pond, the one that I fell into. After I got my memories back, I came to look for Emma and my parents. After searching around I overheard a conversation that told me they had moved after my death because there were 'too many memories'. I tried to look for them but gave up. I realized I would just make their lives more complicated.

I sit down and use my staff (the one that saved my sister but is now the talisman for my power) to draw a snowflake in the ice.

Why would Manny pick me? Of all the guardians, one of the more girly, experienced, or even friendly of them, why me? I think about it. Nope, can not think of one reason why it would be my job to look after a young girl!

I slam my fist in anger, creating cracks that jut out from the contact point. I sigh and stand up. It's getting late and I should probably get back to the workshop. I grab my staff and let the wind carry me back.

When I reach North's I find everyone is already there. "Took you long enough." Bunny nudges me in the ribs. "Let's go see who you have to babysit."

We follow North to his sleigh as the yetis pull the reindeer out and hook them up to the machine. We all pile in, Bunny closest to the bottom, holding on for dear life even though we aren't going yet.

North pulls out a snow globe and whispers "Arendelle!" He throws it down a tunnel. Three seconds later we hear a pop as a portal opens. "Yah!" North picks up the reigns and we are off. We fly down the tunnel and through the portal.