Chapter 16 - Kristoff

Punzie P.O.V

We have been riding our horses in the forest for 3 hours. Halfway back, we were following a trail of Elsa's footprints. Another set joined her. The prints indicated a scuffle and soon, they both disappeared. Anna has been frantic ever since.

Anna's horse also bucked her off and ran back towards the kingdom. This is not a good day for her.

"Oh!" I looked behind me and saw that she has fallen into a river.

"Oh Anna!" I scrambled off my horse and signaled to the sky to stop. The signal was for Hiccup and Merida. I rushed over to Anna and tried to help her. "You can take my horse!" I said.

She shook me off. "No, I'll be fine." She looked off into the distance. "I think I see smoke up there. We'll stop when we reach it and regroup."

I nodded reluctantly and got back on my horse. Soon Anna's dress was frozen solid and she was tottering when walking.

We finally made it too a small log cabin. Hiccup and Merida landed and we all got off our rides. The sign was covered in snow but Anna was right, there was smoke coming out of the chimney. She walked right up to the sign and smacked it too get all the snow off.

"Wandering Oaken's Trading Post." She read.

"There's something else." Eugene pointed out, seeing a smaller sign hanging off the larger one.

Anna hit that sign too. "Ooh! And Sauna!" She squealed. Then she turned around to face us. "It looks a little small, do you mind if I just go in?"

"Not at all!" I smiled, she was the only freezing one here. The others nodded along with me.

"Ok, I'll be back!" Then she ran in.

A couple minutes later, a huge guy who was covered in snow pulled up in a wagon carrying blocks of ice. He got off his wagon and petted the reindeer that was pulling it.

"Tough season?" Hiccup guessed.

"You wouldn't believe." He grunted back, then went inside.

We heard some yelling and were about to intervene when the ice guy got thrown out onto the snow. His reindeer galloped over to him, sniffing his pockets.

"No, I didn't get the carrots." The man explained. The reindeer grunted sadly and Merida and I giggled behind our gloves. The man eyed us for a moment but then went back to the reindeer. "I did find us a place to sleep!" He gestured to a small shed where hay was obviously kept. The reindeer grunted again. "It's free!"

The animal reluctantly complied and made its way to the shed. The man got up and, after tipping his hat to us, went after his pet.

"What a strange man." Merida whispered to us. "And believe me 'cause I have met many."

That's when Anna came out, bearing rope, carrots, and some winter gear.

"What's those stuff for?" Hiccup asked, mentioning the carrots and rope.

"Well, we are about to gain a new member for our search party." She replied.

"Who?" Eugene wondered.

She nodded at the footprints leading to the shed. "The ice guy? Why?" I asked.

"He knows where the snow is coming from! The North Mountain!" She eyes each one of us. "And unless one of you have navigated that place on your own before. We need his help."

"Fine." We all said. She smiled and walked along the footprints to the shed door. There, she stopped and listen to what was happening inside.

Soon, Anna went in herself and all we could here was their muffled voices.

Finally, Anna came out, followed by a disgruntled man and reindeer.

"Guys, this is Kristoff and Sven. They will be our guides to the North Mountain." She said proudly.