Chapter 5 - A Deal with the Trolls

Jack P.O.V

We had gotten to the ballroom and the king had gathered his family on two horses while I went ahead. Even though he didn't see me, I liked to think that we were working together.

When I got near to the troll clearing, I dropped into the woods and walked the rest of the way. I got there 2 minutes before Elsa and her family did and I hid behind some trees.

When the royals walked in, I heard a crunching behind me, I turned around fast, pointing my stick at whoever it was. When my eyes adjusted to the dark, I saw that I was pointing my stick at a little boy and his baby reindeer.

"Are you.... Jack Frost!!" The boy almost yelled before I covered his mouth. I nodded to him and put one finger to my lips, then motioned for him to go in front of me.

He stopped at a rock with his pet and watched the royals as I stood behind him. When the king started to speak, the rocks shook and most of them rolled forward to circle around them.

When the rock that the boy was behind started to shake, I quickly hid behind a tree. I could not have them know I was here. When the rocks unrolled to form trolls, the rock by the boy looked at them and enveloped both in a hug. "Cuties, I'm gonna keep you." She said.

I was about to intervene but the boy and reindeer looked happy to be welcomed and I decided to leave it be. I looked back to watch Arthur talk to the head troll, Grand Pabbie. "Was she born with powers or cursed?" The troll asked.

The king contemplated that for a half second, almost unnoticeable, but it was there. "Uh, born." he said finally.

Grand Pabbie touched Anna's forehead. "You're lucky it wasn't the heart. It's not so easily changed. However, the head, can be persuaded."

"What do we do?" The king asked.

"I suggest we remove all magic, even memories of magic." As Grand Pabbie said this, he took purple magic sand and used it over Anna's head. "But don't worry. I leave the fun." He placed his hand back on Anna's head and sighed. "She will be alright." All that was left of the incident was a stripe of white hair in her orange.

"So, she won't remember that I have powers?" Elsa asked hesitantly.

Grand Pabbie sighed. "Elsa, listen to me." Said his gravelly voice, "You're power will only grow." He thrust magic in the air and it danced in the moonlight to show images of what he was saying. "There is beauty in it," the pictures showed Elsa in front of a crowd throwing a snowflake into the air. "but there is also danger." The snowflake turned red and disfigured. "You must learn to control it or fear, will be your enemy." The watching crowds attacked Elsa and then the magic powder disappeared.

"No, we will protect her." The king said determinedly. "She can control it I'm sure. Until then, we close the gates, reduce the staff, protect her from the outside world. We'll sheild her from everyone, including Anna."

"That's a horrible fate for a little girl." I thought.

"What ever you say, your majesty." Grand Pabbie bowed, as did the other trolls, then they all rolled away, becoming rocks again. The royal family got back on their horses and rode off.

I was about to join them when I heard a deep, gravelly voice. "You should come out now Frost. It isn't polite to visit without saying hello." Grand Pabbie summoned me out of my hiding spot. The little boy and reindeer, now being pampered by the lady troll, looked at me as I walked by them. "It also isn't polite to eavesdrop on private conversations."

"It is my job -"

Grand Pabbie cut me off. "I know you have to watch Elsa because she will be the next guardian. Don't think I'm stupid."

I fell silent, not knowing what to say. The troll didn't make me suffer too long, for he said, "The way her father is planning on 'protecting' her will not work." When he said protecting he used his fingers to make air quotes, I tried my hardest not to burst out laughing. He gave me a hard look and I became serious again.

"So what do we do?" I asked.

He closed his eyes and held a hand in the air, he did this when ever he looked to the future. I know this because, as odd as it may seem, we go way back. It's not a pleasant back and I'm not proud of it, but we've known each other for a very long time now.

"Wait a couple years. She doesn't believe in you now but something will make her, maybe you. When she is around 15 to 18, you will teach her, teach her to control her powers. You can do it Frost. You might even find your destiny along the way." With that, he rolled away.

Some of the trolls were still up though, like the one playing with the boy. I walked over to them and knelt beside the child. "Hey." I said.

The boy looked at me and smiled. "I can't believe I'm talking to JACK FROST! Ice is my life!" He puffed up his chest. "I'm gonna be an ice carrier for Arendelle when I grow up!"

I smiled and ruffled his hair. "You do that...."

"Kristoff, I'm Kristoff, and this is my best friend Sven!" He said, putting his arm around the reindeer's neck.

"Ok, you do that Kristoff and Sven." I then used my staff for support and stood up. "I'll come back and you better be doing just that." I sighed as I walked off. When I was far enough into the woods I called the wind and took off towards the palace.