Chapter 8

"The winner of The X-Factor 2012 is... Tate Stevens!" Khloe and Mario said. Carly and I clapped for him, and hugged him and LA. "second place isn't bad sister." I said.

"No, it's not. I can't wait to do origionals." she said.

"I can't wait to hear your origionals." I said. She went and hugged the contestants that were coming on stage, and I went to hug the other judges and hosts.

We went off air and I made my way around to hug all the contestants. It was really great.

"Jesse! Come on. We have three hours until the party. And all the girls are going back to the house to get ready together. Even Khloe is coming. So come on!" Demi said grabbing my hand and pulling me away from him.

"Did you ever think that I was with my boyfriend?" I said as we met up with the other girls and we went to the cars to take us back to the house.

"No. And I don't care." She said as we climbed into the car.

It took us home and we turned the den into a hair and makeup place. Demi and I did makeup. And Khloe and one of the dancers did hair. While everyone else helped everyone get changed. Then Demi did my makeup.

"I want it natural." I said.

"Okay okay. Now shush." she said. I rolled my eyes before closing them.

Soon she was done and I did her makeup. Then someone did both of our hair and we did theirs. Then we all went to change. Demi had gotten my dress because she had more time than I did.

"Demi, I love it. Thank you so much." I said spinning around in the short, sheer one shouldered black dress.

"I got to do everyone's shopping because I didn't have anyone to mentor. But I got to pick everyone's dress, and I had a great time." she said, handing me shoes, and jewelry. I put everything on and went downstairs with Demi.

"There you are. You look great. Let's go." Khloe said grabbing mine and Demi's hand, pulling us out of the house and into the car to take us to the after-party.

They dropped us off so we could see fans, and get pictures for paps.

Once in the club I talked to Carly, who was with Reed. And they were official. And I couldn't be happier for them. Then Beatrice and Diamond were hitting the dance floor. Daddy was at the bar with LA. Demi was with CeCe. And I was looking for Wesley. And I found him, looking for me.

"Hey, hey." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hey, hey." he said, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me softly. "You look great." he said.

"Thanks. Demi picked out the whole thing." I said.

"And I think you have a new friend for life." he said.

"I know I have a new friend for life." I said.

{*~*~*~}

"I will see you New Year's." I said, standing in the airport with Wes.

"Here. Don't open it until Christmas." he said, handing me a box it a bow and my name. In turn I handed him his.

"I won't. I'll see you New Year's. Merry Christmas." I said.

"Merry Christmas." he said, leaning in to kiss me softly.

-Christmas-

"Last gift. Here you go Jesse." Daddy said handing me an envelope. It made me wonder.

"'To, my beautiful Jesse.'. This is mom's handwriting." I said.

"Open it." Daddy encouraged. I turned it over and peeled the sealing open and pulled out a note. An old note by the looks of it. The paper was yellowing. I pulled it out and unfolded it. It folded out to three times the size, all full of mom's cursive handwriting. "Read it." Daddy said.