Chapter 15

“You look perfect.” Wes said, reaching for my hand as he stood in the hallway of the hotel.

“Thank you.”  I said, taking his hand and spinning around for him to finally see my dress.

“But, you’re always perfect.” He said, pulling me to him to kiss me softly. He pulled the door closed and laced our fingers together as we made our way to the elevator. 

As he promised, Daddy was waiting in the lobby for me and he hugged and kissed my forehead when we got to him.  “You look amazing.  But too short for my taste.”  He whispered in my ear and slipped his arm around my waist.

“You think everything I wear is too short.”  I argued, sending him a look as we walked to the back of the hotel to get in the limo that would take us to the red carpet.

“You’re my only daughter, what did you expect?” he said. 

Easy conversation flowed between the three of us as we rode to the red carpet.  Then all talking stopped as I looped my arms with theirs once we were on the red carpet.  Only pictures and you had to be focused, it only took one slip up to make a fool of yourself.  And this was the last night that I wanted that.

“Watch your step.”  Ryan said when it was my turn to talk to him.  “How are you Jesse?”  he added, moving to give me a hug.  He shook Wes’ and Daddy’s hand.

“Good.  How are you?”  I asked, lacing my fingers with Wesley’s.

“Good.  Let’s talk about fashion.  Who are you wearing tonight?”  He asked.

“I am wearing Jovani.” I said.

“It is gorgeous on you.  Did you get the memo?” he asked.

“What memo?” I asked.  I had no utter idea.

“Just a memo that the Grammy’s send out every year about showing too much skin.  But you’re good.  Don’t worry about it. You’re preforming tonight.  Twice.  You’re presenting with Simon and you are nominated for two Grammy’s tonight.  What is going through your mind right now?”

“Right now, it’s don’t fall. Don’t fall. Don’t fall.” I said, dead serious I the heels I’m wearing.

“You won’t fall. They wouldn’t let you.” He said gesturing to Daddy and Wesley.

“You’d be surprised.” I said.

“How is tour going?” he asked, changing the subject.

“Really good.  I’m getting ready to join One Direction in March.  Then I’m back on my own from April on out.”  I said.

“I was at your LA show last night and it was amazing I had so much fun.  How do you feel about opening and closing tonight?”  he asked.

“I’m glad you had fun!  And it is nerve racking.  Because I’m opening and closing on the biggest night in the music industry.  That in itself is a keen thing that I’ll mess up.”  I said.

“Don’t say that, you’ll do fine.  Good Luck tonight.  It was great seeing and talking to you again, Jesse.”  Ryan said.  I gave him another hug before leaving down the two steps and continuing down the red carpet.

I got in the GlamCam360 before we went inside. I was escorted backstage by daddy and Wes then they went back to our seats while I was to be changing and getting ready to open the Grammys. Yeah, that isn’t nerve racking at all.

I had changed into a red shirt, white cardigan, white skirt, and reed heels, and a white and red top hat.  I was doing a medley of More Than I Should, Two More Lonely People, I knew You were Trouble, and Riot! not necessarily in that order.