Chapter 10

" First yrs, First yrs....this way!!" Hargid said as the train stops and everyone gets off.

" Woah ur big" Ron said seeing him. " Anoth' weasly eh? I better keep an eye on u" Hargid said " and who is this friend next to u?" He sees abithi.

" This is abithi" Harry said " Nice to meet u sir! hey neville....I found ur toad!!" Abithi said holding the toad and hands it to neville.

Soon they get on the boat as they are taken to hogwarts through the lake. " Woah..." Harry said

" it is beautiful!" Abithi said. " I read that there are mermaids and a giant squid living in the lake among other things." Hermoine said

Soon they duck and hop of the boat when reach the giant doors. Hargid leads all the first years to the stairs and knocks on the door. A slender woman dressed in a green robe and wears a pointed hat with a bun in her hair.

" here are the fir' yrs, professor " Hargid said " Thank you Hargid. " She said " all of u in a single line and ...follow me" Harry stands behind abithi and Ron as they follow her.

They followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor. Harry could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway to the right -the rest of the school must already be here -- but Professor McGonagall showed the first years into a small, empty chamber off the hall. They crowded in, standing rather closer together than they would usually have done, peering about nervously.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room." Abithi listened excitedly.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours." She said looking around

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."
Her eyes lingered for a moment on Neville's cloak, which was fastened under his left ear, and on Ron's smudged nose. Harry nervously tried to flatten his hair and Abithi wipes her glasses.

"I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly."
She left the chamber. Harry swallowed.

" how do u think they will sort us?" Harry asked " some sort of test I think..." Ron said making him nervous.

"It's true, then. What they're saying on the train." A blonde boy spoke and stands in front of Harry and abithi." Harry potter has come to hogwarts." All the others first years start to whispered among themselves. Harry looks at the blond sliky hair and sliver eyes, he blushes a bit before snapping back to reality

" This is crabbe...and goylye...I am malfoy, draco malfoy." He introduced himself and Ron snorted. " You think my name is funny, do u? No need to ask urs....red hair and a hand me down robe....u must be a weasley.You will soon find out that some wizardry families are better than others,potter. You don't want to making friends with the wrong sort.I can help u there."

He offered his hand but Harry bit annoyed refused." I can tell the wrong sort myself." Abithi nudged him. " Don't be rude Harry...I apologise on behalf of him." Abithi takes his hand and shakes it. " I am Abithi Sankar Emrys-Pendragon,  u can call me Emrys or Pendragon. Only my closest friends call me abithi. Just give Harry some time...he is new to our world..so he needs time to adjust and make new friends ..plus Ron is his first friend..I hope u understand,  malfoy."

They let go and he smirked." Very well, emrys...ur name sounds familiar but yet fine..."Abithi giggles and gives him a sweet smile making everyone blushes or smile including Harry who was blushing heavily. Draco's heart raced and blushes a bit before turning to his friends. Wh..what did I just feel...that....damn potter why didn't u take my hand...ur eyes don't distract me...and she...has a cute smile....he turns around to hid his blushing face.

" Why did u do that?" Ron asked Abithi " My aunt gwen say u must have more friends than enemies,  for they may be friends who are with u till the end of time...oh hi blaise!!" She waved once spotting blaise heading to draco.

" Hello abithi...looks like u are really here and made new friends with the chosen one and weasly" He said. Ron glared at him and Harry has a possessive look as he hold abithi arm.

" OK boys calm down...McGonagall is coming back!" She said as Professor McGonagall came back.