Chapter 11

Soon all the first years follow Professor McGonagall into the great Hall. There are 4 tables separated into the 4 houses. Abithi looks up to see the sky enchantedon the roof.

" Woah...I can see the sky..what a cool spell..I should use that in my room." Abithi said to Harry. They stopped in front of the stairs to the teacher's table. In front of them was an old hat on a stool.

It's mouth opens as it starts to sing.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

" Oh so we need to try on a hat?" Ron said. Abithi chuckled.  Soon Professor McGonagall called all the names. So far Draco and Blaise are in Slytherin,  then Ron,  hermoine and Harry were sorted into Gryffindor. After some more with ravenclaws and hufflepuff. Abithi was the last one.

" Abithi Sankar Emrys-Pendragon " Professor McGonagall called and , everyone looks at her as the hat is placed on her head.

" Interesting...I see bravery, kindness, wisdom and cunning in u...in any house ur a perfect fit .. Maybe SLYT...NO...HUFFLE...NO...RAVEN...NO...GRYF...NO UR SUIT FOR ALL HOUSES...AN UNSORTABLE!!!" The hat spoke making everyone muttered. No one was unsortable for the whole time since hogwarts was formed.

" Young emyrs.." Abithi hears Killgharrah voice in her head " it is true ur all yet ur fate lands where the lions roar" the voice vanished.

" I GOT IT..MAY U BRING STRENGTH TO UR HOUSE....GRYFFINDOR!!!!!" The hat yelled and the table of the Gryffindors cheered. She sat next to Harry and the twins from earlier. Across from her her cousin Arjun who was a 4th Yr with percy congratulate her. " Welcome to the lions cousin...poor karan  is sad ur not with him and the hufflepuffs"

Abithi giggles as the feast started after Dumbledore gave a speech. " Man these are so good" Ron said taking a bite after bite.

Abithi notice Harry doesn't eat much and is quite skinny. " Harry u should eat more..u don'tlook too well." She said giving him a tart

" thanks but...I am used to this.." he said " No u should eat more...u can eat as much as u really want...to hold urself back...if not I will pack some food for u so u can eat more later. Just don't tell ron" Harry chuckled and blushes as he eats more chicken pie.