Chapter 20

2 YEARS LATER:

Everyone was doing their own thing back in Korea while Suho and Ari in the states even met up and have been keeping each other company. 

Ari has been keeping in touch with her friends back home, all but one. Ari tried calling and reaching out to Seojun constantly just to check on him. And after a while, she caught on to the message that he didn't want anything to do with her or so she thought. 

She was getting ready for one of her last interviews and press events before she heads back to Korea. Getting ready as the makeup artist puts on some finishing touches on her make-up and hair. Ari couldn't help but look through some of her old photos of her friends back home. Her thumb was about to swipe to the next picture when it stops on one of her and Han Seojun.

In the photo, Seojun was smiling at the camera while putting messing with Ari's hair making her frown in the photo. She remembered she had this picture as her lock screen for the longest time. Smiling to herself thinking back to that day, but before she could daydream any further.

"Five more minutes Ms. Kim" of the assistants informing her in which Ari thanked her. Going over some answers to potential questions from the host Ari was then ready for the interview. 

Sitting across from the interviewer the two got comfortable with one another before the cameras started to roll. Over the past year or so, Ari had learned how to talk to people during these types of settings. She was never the one to bring her personal life into the mix. She wanted to keep her private and Idol life separate. 

The interview then started with some basic questions such as how's her life been lately, what does a certain song mean, and the dreaded questions Ari hated the most. Her dating life. It wasn't something that she was ashamed about being single, but she rather talks about her latest upcoming mini-album than her personal life.

After finishing and thanking the staff for their hard work Ari was off to grab lunch with Suho. His father has gotten better and has gotten the treatment he needed. Sitting across from him at lunch "So are you packed and ready?" Ari asking him as she looks at the restaurant menu.

"Yeah, I'm excited to visit home. I miss Korea" as the time they spent together Suho never really lost his feelings for Ari. Though he never made a move on her ever since his "confession" two years ago. Suho felt like it wasn't the right place or time to be telling Ari about his feelings for her. Not after she just broke up with her boyfriend.

"Me too" agreeing with him. After finishing their food the two were then off to the airport with their bags. As they were waiting at the gate Suho turns to Ari "Have you told him you're coming back?" already knowing who he was talking about. 

"Nope. I stopped trying last year when he would stop responding to my messages or calls" Ari thinking about how bittersweet it was when she came to the realization of her relationship with Han Seojun. They never ended on good terms nor bad terms. So who knows what things are going to be like if the two saw one another again. 

Meanwhile on the other hand Suho and Seojun have been texting and keeping each other updated on their lives. Suho told Seojun that he was coming back, but didn't mention anything about Ari feeling like it wasn't his place to tell. Knowing both sides of the situation. 

After the long flight, Suho and Ari were getting picked up by Sooah and Taehoon at the airport. The real reason they were coming back to Korea was for the couple's wedding. "I've missed you so much. It's so good to hold you in person" Sooah hugging Ari so tight the both of them almost fell. "Well, I couldn't miss my best friend's wedding" Ari smiling at her. Ari and Suho greeted Taehoon as well and the four of them were off to the hotel to drop off Ari and Suho.