Chapter 13

Kylie's POV:

I can't even believe the words "meaningless kiss" came out of my mouth. I knew it wasn't true right as I said it. The kiss with Niall meant more than any other kiss for me had. But if only he knew everything that I was hiding. The problems with my weight, and my low self-esteem.

He'd go running for the hills. And no matter how close we got, I wouldn't tell him anything. All he wanted was for me to be happy, and he made that quite clear. I don't need him worrying about me. But I don't want to let him go. Because he's worth more than that.

I could barely fall asleep last night because he was all I could thing about. His eyes, his smile, his laugh, his personality. He cared so much for other people. All I wanted us to have one of those great relationships that everyone's jealous of, because I was ready to let myself trust him.

But with relationships with jealous people comes hate. And I wasn't sure if I was ready to put myself through that.

I fell asleep at about 4 in the morning. At 11, I was gently nudged awake by the one and only Niall Horan.

"Wake up, beautiful," he said, kissing my cheek. I smiled and moved over so he could lay down next to me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I nuzzled into the crook of his neck. It felt so real, so right. I don't even know.

"Morning," I said, groggily. He propped himself up on his elbows and looked at me, with a goofy little grin on his face.

"What?" I asked him, suddenly feeling self conscious. Did I have something on my face? I was about to get up and go to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror when Niall stopped me, his strong hands keeping my shoulders pressed to the mattress.

"Nothing," he said simply. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine again. And each kiss seems better than the last.

"Let's do something today, Ni," I suggested, breaking the kiss. Niall smirked.

"Well, if you say so," he said cheekily, taking off his shirt. I giggled, which resulted in a dramatic pout from the blonde boy straddling me.

"Don't make fun of me!" He said, faking hurt.

"I wasn't! I didn't mean do something like...that!" I said, gesturing to his now bare stomach. "I meant lets go to the carnival or something. I don't wanna sit at home all day!"

Ni nodded in agreement.

"Alright, carnival it is!" He said, squeezing my hand gently.

He left the room so I could get ready for the day.

I tried on a pair of yoga pants and a comfortable tank top. Hell no. The yoga pants made my legs look huge and you could see my arm fat spill out of the tank top.

After changing my outfit 20 more times, I picked out a pair of sweatpants from Pink and a gray loose fitting shirt. That should do it. I went to the bathroom and straightened my hair. After putting on a little bit of makeup, I was finally ready.

"Ni, ready to go?" I whispered, noticing Savannah, Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Harry sprawled out all over my living room, fast asleep.

He nodded his head and we headed out the door. I drove us to my favorite childhood place. Every summer I look forward to going to the carnival near my town. You knew anyone and everyone, and it was a great time to see your friends that you haven't seen all summer.

And then I realized something.

The carnival had people. And people like Niall.

I pulled over at a strip mall near by and dragged Niall inside with me, ignoring his confused expression.