3.

"Had you both eaten ate before departure?" He asked and he was a bit hesitant when he said both.

"No."

A single syllable left from my lips, while we were walking aimlessly in the hospital campus.

With my hand inside my pockets, I tried really hard to keep my spine straight to appear strong.

He inserted his hand in the loop formed by my forearms as my hand was in pocket. "Let's go, eat something," he said while dragging me to the canteen area.

This didn't looked like an canteen of hospital.

I didn't meant that, ofcourse it has all eatables for patients, but also every other kind of eatables.

I was just following him like a kid not uttering a single word, unless very much needed.

"What do you want to eat Darshan?"

Seriously, do I want to eat? Isn't it obvious that I will like to starve to death because of my deeds? But moreover I am not feeling a little bit of hunger.

"Nothing, I am not hungry. You can choose what do you want to eat and I will be waiting by your side till you finish your food," he nodded understanding.

How come he can be hungry when her best friend is in this condition? I am so sure now, he just wants to feed me.

"Okay! But you can help me no, please at least look at the menus," he requested.

It is very high time to realise for every another person that I am not a two year old kid who will start squealing after falling from somewhere getting plenty of scratches, when he notices his favourite appetizers.

But just to make him sure that I am fine, breathing heavily I looked at the menu.

Burger, pizza, choco lava cake.

Instantly I closed the menu and turned my head away from it to land my eyes on rows of packaged processed food packets of lays, chips and what not.

Propping my elbow on the table in front of me I hid my face in my palms. But it's not helping me to cope up with this.

So, I stood up and walked away faster before he could catch me.

Wrong.

He was standing in front of me in two or three second. Who is he, Superman or Spiderman or flash or Ironman?

I tried to move past him, but everytime he blocked my way. Realising that he isn't going to let me go, I stopped there.

He walked few steps and was now standing beside me.

We walked silently to the back area of hospital where there are garden. I was able to see hundreds of flower blossomed, some of which were about to wilt, few of them were buds which will bloom tomorrow most probably.

It is the irony of life that, when everything is falling apart, here the nature is representing   life cycle of death and life, happiness and sorrow, making and breaking, standing up and falling apart.

All these things in present circumstances are making me more weaker than I am already, if that's possible.

I am feeling as if each fibre, bone and muscles of my body are separating from each other falling apart gradually, that at one moment I won't be able to stand upright, let the thought of walking or doing any other actions possible.

Amidst my profound thought, I heard Aniket's phone ringing and him talking to someone but I kept walking in that small garden.

He turned around to face me, with a deep frown etching his gorgeous face. "Her parents are here, let's go and you will meet them," he said while my brain tried to process for what I will tell them.