5

Not bothering to pick up his phone, sliding the doors he entered and his gaze fell on me.

I don't know what kind of mess I was looking then seated on floor with hindlimbs sprawled in between puke ejected and probably tears too.

His eyes turned more moisten, only if it was possible.

It made me comprehend that I wasn't just convoluted here but making lives slimer of people who stayed close to me.

It made me feel even more disgusted.

While I was getting soiled in my own conviction, I saw him bending on the cold floor with dry clothes and water bottle.

Wiping off my face, making my hair less messier by running his finger repeatedly in it, he handed me the bottle.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have forced you to eat, now let's go."

I couldn't contain myself and yelled, "To where?"

He withdrew a little by sudden outburst.

"To hospital, I have made arrangements for you to stay there. Now if you are ready to go," he said faking a smile which was possibly world's best fake smile.

So, he is going to pretend now.

As if, the truth will never come out.

As if, he will be able to bury it six feet underneath like her.

Since I had no energy left to argue with him, I decided to have that much needed conversation with him when the truth will be in white light, when bloody no one will be able to deny it.

My world turned upside down in matter of few seconds and here I'm sitting in fucking air conditioned car laced with every comfort.

Hearing meek sound, turning right I saw him sobbing in between driving and if there was something left of my heart that wasn't broken, it broke then.

In numerous pieces which couldn't be counted nor could be picked up and joined to make it functional.

So I decided to let it be. What else was I supposed to do?

I didn't comforted Aniket because of two reasons, one he has kept secret to me and that too about my wife, second, I ain't able to console him despite if I have desire too.

We reached the hospital premises.

Barging in and in we reached there. Bloody devils, they had kept her to innermost area of this hospital.

As I had expected her to by lying unconscious, dead on the hospital bed.

It was almost similar to it.

Despite of voices calling me, I entered in her room with hurried steps, taking her hand into mine one.

I kissed her knuckles chastely.

Looking for any specific sign or symbol to know that, what I heard was absolutely absurd.

A nurse rudely interrupted saying, "You'll have to vacate this room now!"

Trying control my increasing temper, I asked back, "And why, anyway you aren't able to do anything, just let me stay with her!"

"Sir! This is not cinema that your love will heal her. No offense. But please let her try to  take in the oxygen."

"So what's the benefit of this?" I asked pointing to tube placed in her trachea.

"Sir, just understand that she's being given oxygen but due to less blood, the oxygen isn't able to reach her tissues and other organs properly, if it continues necrosis will happen and unfortunately we won't be able to save her."

Her words barely registered in my brain but I nodded anyway.

"Why don't you do blood transfusion?"

"What sir?"

My voice must have sounded small, I repeated, a little louder this time, "Why don't you do blood transfusion?"

"Because her body is too weak but inspire of that even if we do that, that won't be of any use cause it'll just increase the volume of blood sir not the oxygen carrying capacity."

"What can be done now, is to just wait till her own body tries and makes attempts! Will is supreme sir, and that too of the patient."

"What for now?" I asked hastily.

"This the condition sir, in which patients generally die within quarter of and hour, so we told your family, but they insisted to keep her."

"See, you can sit and do what you want for few more minutes, but that won't be of any use. I'll suggest you to complete paper works."

I dismissed her not having interest in her negative words.

It was enough for me that she was doing something than nothing.

The machine's line fluctuated rapidly and again became moving in rectilinear motion.

Cut the crap I don't know anything about this machinery and all.

What am I supposed to understand!

Taking hold of her hand, I bend and pecked her hairline and then forehead and then her nose.

I just want to tell you and ask you one thing, that's, "Don't leave me!"

"Please!"

Again someone intruded my personal space.

"Now what?"

"Now this sir, that now you will have to vacate this either by yourself or we'll have to make it done by someone else!"

"And what makes you think that I'll do what you say?"

"So, you don't think so? Let me make it clear, that your wife survived for twenty five minutes, so if you will vacate it we will check her up again running all vital and tests so that docs can check if there is any way to cure her, cause she seems willing to survive."

"Yes! Yes! I'm going," I called back after going with tears of hope shedding and making its way through cheeks.

Not able to subside this feeling, I was just hugging myself sitting on the floor and was moving to and fro swaying on the rhythm of  hope that lingered around me.

And I wasn't in mood to let it go.

So I gripped my sides more stronger to caze it within me for forever.

Hope, this letter of four alphabet has magic of fairies in it.

And I'm more than ready to be part of this magic show, where I'll be there beside her and she'll be mine with me.

Walking hand in hand, staying together forever in each other's embrace living together till the end comes... Mine not hers.

VOTE and COMMENTS

Merry Christmas cuties 🎄

This has been updated so soon only one orders of my beloved readers who spoke to me via comments i.e., @Last_soul_999 and  @Maryam1497