8.

The sunset was exquisitely mesmerizing with hues of different colored rays painting the sky. There were different shades of red, orange, blue, grey. Most distinguishing feature was that none of the colors seemed strange.

They were all blending beautifully, everything seemed to be well balanced and perfect, as if it was supposed to be so to be that charming.

I was in pure bliss, with my wife beside me in my arms.

Although her eyes were closed I knew she was awake.

Goose skin or her forearm was clearly visible, as I stroked her arms, involuntarily she was coming closer.

My instinct to protect her was overwhelming.

Lashes so beautiful, was now resting on her cheekbones which looked pale due to all the suffering. She didn't complained but I knew she wasn't feeling nice.

These days were not permanent, we both knew but the time period between her present and future self seemed like eternity.

I was so ready to be with her in this eternity holding her hands in between mine securely.

*****

Time flew and it brought some rainbow  for us.

She was discharged from hospital, we were staying together in our house.

I spent most of my time with her, taking care of my life and enjoying all moments with her.

She was grumpy many times, sorry the next hour and again grumpy.

Although as per your guess she'd be having her periods or pre menstrual syndrome

No!

A big fat no.

Because she had her periods.

She had told me, "Girls may be getting cranky during their periods or before periods."

"They may get mood swing and cravings before or during the period or cycle, but I feel these things after periods."

But it's not that she gets these mood swings in particular time.

After making her sleep and securing her extremities by tucking blanket and by help of pillows I went into kitchen to make a cup of coffee for myself.

Meanwhile I made coffee, I prepared for mixed vegetables and roti along with raita as a side dish.

Lily

I was home, and I felt so helpless as I wasn't able to move myself properly let alone do my own chores.

For few weeks maa was here with us she was as usual very loving and caring to me.

I was giddy because he let me sleep with maa inspite or her resisting and as  usual me nagging and blackmailing her emotionally.

Maa used to ask me lot of things regarding my preference for food, books I wanted her to read to me and many more things.

In between what I realised but ignored or I assumed it to be quite normal.

I was recovering well, after couple of month I was able to walk around slowly and steadily in my bedroom.

We watched movies and so much.

I remember there was a moment in which I laughed alot in one scene that it started to hurt.

He had asked, "What happened?" And moved swiftly towards me checking for any discomfort I felt that made me wince.

'Oh! Nothing. Just my ribs hurt, I think I laughed way too much for my body,' and continued laughing and stopped only when I noticed his expression growing more and more neutral.

I stopped and then I promised him that I'd never do any activity as such that would hurt me.

And I modified it that till I recover, with a evil laugh.

Hahahaha

This noon when I wake up at 3 pm, I saw him arranging my clothes in wardrobe.

We ate our lunch in soft music in our bedroom on table.

I ate his portion of raita too and convinced him by saying, "curd may not be good for your voice, you know that right."

He watched me carefully, suspicion clear in his eyes.

So I made alst effort.

"Don't you believe me?"

'Handover to me!'

I don't know why but he smiled coyly and passed me the bowl.

After we finished, he went out with dishes and I looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked so pale and sick even after this much time.

So I opened the drawer of bedside table picked up my lipstic and dabbed it on my lips.

In this process, I heard his footsteps towards our room and I kept it in drawer and I don't know why but I tried to wipe it off my lips.

But before I could check for my efforts whether it was successful or not he came.

I facepalmed myself and was in the same position for for minutes.

He has no patience absolutely none.

'Why are you like this? Is something bothering you ?'

He asked and I replied, "what! No nothing."

I didn't get to know but next moment he was sitting in front of me.

Way too close for my lipstick to go unnoticed from his beautiful caramel colored eyes.

And then there was this expression on his face, which sad lipstick why?

I was flushed.....

I hoped he won't ask me this in person.

Cause obviously I wasn't the person who wears make up, especially at home.

I replied, 'No' hesitantly.

'Fine, but I am not convinced. May be I should go for eye check up."

I wished I could be beat him up, like why do this!

When you know truth and you know that I don't want to express why bother me!

I glanced a look at mirror and I realised that on my pale face this made my lips more pinkier that it is.

I got nervous and fiddled with my fingers and thought to answer, "Why can't I even put lipstick at home, is it banned?"

It's our home right not a high school where make up is not allowed.

Then out of blue, soft lips crashed on mine ones and started moving slowly yet fiercely making it's own way for expressing  several emotions carried in one single kiss that lingered longer on my lips and made me feel weak yet stronger.

Sorry for delay.
Words can't make up for the absence but I'll try to cope up with time

Thank you

Love you all❤️