6.

I hadn't much experience of having a decent conversation with doctors.

So when I was called in to explain her response and some medical terms in simpler words to make it a lot easier for me to understand.

No matter, how much the docs used simpler words each time when they didn't get expected response from me, I didn't got much thing.

Except for the fact that she will remain alive.

I don't remember which rib was broken, for which I had to thank god, that it didn't pierced her lungs or heart or any other vital organ.

But I remember one thing for an instance that she is surviving through this and will make it.

As per docs it'll take time.

But at the end she'll make it. And this is what makes me happiest for now and for forever.

Tossing off the wipes, given by docs when lone tears escaped my eyes I decided to meet my beautiful best friend and wife.

Okay!

I'm lying.

It wasn't a lone tear.

It was more of stream flowing down the waterline of eyes.

But now should I care about that!

After all the restless days which we had spent for her to wake up, after she was sedated to give rest to her body.

I hope she gets consciousness before the next dose of the same shit medicine that make her fall asleep again and again.

Fine!

Not some shit medicine but the medicine which is most probably helping her to get helped more quickly.

But I just want to see myself in her eyes, even it's for a second.

After taking a glance around me, I felt nothing.

The white washed walls shined with their own charm by help of bright light emitting diodes.

The sitting chairs looked same painted with grayish silver color which shined or seemed to shine to me now.

Cause it wasn't the same when I was here very first time.

That was a whole another different feeling which I never desire to feel myself or want anyone else to feel.

Unbuttoning the sleeves and rolling it up, I pushed the door inwards and entered in the same room as her's.

Her lean frame gave me much space to take a seat on the same bed on which she was lying.

So I got seated near her shoulder and held her hand which was looking completely lifeless, but as I was told by docs that since she has no consciousness it'll appear like this.

Ughh!

Few things remained in my brain cells, so don't point your finger like this.

Her face was pale and lips dry as if she remained several winters without a chapstick.

Smiling at my idiotness, fingers on their own accord moved on her the creases of her face, setting already set hairs.

Within my finger her lips felt roughly smooth.

Roaming my finger on her lips several times, in hope that it'll soothe her, I felt a sudden need to taste her.

But I outcrossed that feeling and traced the eyebrows and eyelids.

Admiring long lashes that rested beautifully on cheek bones, I recieved dad's call since it was vibrating since forever.

Dropping the call after giving him all updates about her daughter until he was satisfied, bending I pecked her nose.

Creptly a smile crawled on my lips.

Waving a bye, I got outside to take Aniket inside and also I can have some conversation with my new friend.

"How's my best friend doing, Mr. Husband?"

Twirling his ring in finger he asked me.

I was dumbfounded for a moment at the name by which he addressed me.

My tensed shoulders, relaxed when I realized that he's trying to tease me.

And then we laughed together at his lame joke for which he made this much effort.

He was telling me about the meetings he had to manage without her and how he'll make her work overtime for this rest.

"I've brought food parcel for you. Wait, what!"

Hitting his forehead, he continued, " Wait! No, actually you go. I'll be back there with food."

Saying this, he turned to return, but I stopped him.

"You've came to meet her. Go and firstly do that. I'll take what's for me and you go and do for what you're here."

"Sure?" He asked with uncertainty laced in his voice.

I nodded in yes, and he placed key on my extended palm.

Taking it, almost jogging, I reached his car unlocking it.

Reaching for backdoor and opening it, I picked up two paper bags with loads of food.

Walking back, I saw Aniket opening the door in much more hurry and running towards me.

Paper bag was slipping from my hands on webs of thoughts that my brain was weaving.

Before it could fall, hitting the clean floor, Aniket took it from my hands and panted like a wild dog.

Only, difference was this that his tongue was not sticking out with his head moving left and right.

"C....o..m.e, c..ome, fas..t."

And now before he could utter one more syllable out of his mouth, I put my finger on his lips and made him seat on the nearest chair I saw.

After I realized he has relaxed and better by before.

Removing my fingers, I asked, "Now tell me what has happened?"

He was hyping himself again, so I palmed his face.

But this time, he removed it exerting much more force that it was originally required.

"Why the heck you are cradling me in your arms? I'm trying to speak since then. She has opened her eyes. Go you dickhead. "

And there my heart skipped few beats, and Aniket hit me and then pushed me.

"Go!"

I got my senses back and ran back to her.

My thoughts were full of different ideas, like what would I say?

Will she be able to speak?

Will she reply?

Will she response?

Would she like to see me again?

Crap!

I pushed the  door and entered, thoughts still like a puzzle in my head.

Lifting my gaze I saw her watching me.

My lips uplifted on their own.

But what I saw broke my heart, and made my heart clench with pain.

There were tears flowing down following a trail.

VOTE and COMMENT...

Apologies for late update...

Yesterday night, I decided that anyhow I'll update it today, so yes this is it...

Drop your precious thoughts lovelies