Chapter 9: Pracitce time

As we walked towards the gym, the sounds of balls hitting the floor echoed. Upon entering, we discovered that we were gearing up for a match against Inarazaki. The gym was buzzing with excitement, and curious glances were exchanged among my teammates. Yamaguchi voiced the question on everyone's mind, "Who is that?"

"I'm not sur-" I began, but my words were cut off by a sudden yell that pierced through the gym, "Sumu, come here!"

Shock painted our expressions as our eyes widened, and another yell followed, "You too, Kawa!"

The realization hit us, and I turned to my teammates, who mirrored my astonished expression (😃).

"Was that Atsumu-san and Oikawa-san?" Hinata questioned, still in disbelief.

"It seems like it... but why is Oikawa-san a girl?" Tanaka pondered.

"We can talk about that later; right now, we have a match," I asserted, refocusing everyone's attention.

After the intense match (not prison 🙈), exhaustion settled in. Panting sounds filled the air, and Nishinoya expressed his fatigue. Yachi, being her caring self, handed a bottle of water to him, and Asahi expressed his gratitude.

However, the post-match tranquility was disrupted by two high-pitched voices yelling, "Hey Kawa!" and "Sumuuuu!" The two girls exchanged hugs and erupted into laughter, causing a collective "oh god" among the team.

"C'mon, let's g-"

"ATSUMU SAN, OIKAWA SAN!" Hinata's voice cut through.

Both girls turned towards us, grinning mischievously, and strolled over.

"Hello, Tobio-chan," Atsumu greeted.

"Hi, Chibi-chan," Oikawa added.

"Hello, Great ki—Queen," they playfully teased Daichi.

The girls chuckled, and before they could continue their banter, Daichi thought, 'Today's gonna be a long day...'

After some banter, the girls revealed their plans, "Well... we're having a barbecue."

'They just had to tell them... I was hoping for a quiet afternoon,' Daichi thought with a hint of resignation.

"Well, then meet us at *insert place* at *insert time*," Atsumu declared.

"Okay, see you there," the girls replied in unison before making their exit.

As they left, the team exchanged glances, mentally preparing for the events to unfold. The gym returned to a state of relative calm, but the lingering feeling suggested that the day was far from over.

-

Edited.