I 44 I

☂ she's our sister ☂ 

So Vanya and I cause the apocalypse. I should've known. 

The moonlight creeps through the small window of Five's room, waking me up. The others have gone out, I suspect, to find Vanya, or maybe even Leonard. I prop myself on my elbows, listening to the utter silence. 

I hate the silence. 

Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, my feet hit the floor, and I wince. Bruises still pepper my entire body, but I don't feel as fragile , like I did before. I summon a tiny bit of strength to try and turn the light switch on, but the most I can do is make it flicker. 

So much for being able to create utter destruction. 

I throw on a rare sweatshirt that I find on the ground, stepping out of the room. The corridor is empty, and so is the entryway downstairs. 

'Luther,' I raise my eyebrows, spotting him hiding across the room, partially concealed by darkness. 'What the hell are you doing there?' 

He shakes his head, eyes filled with remorse. 'I'm sorry Y/n.' 

'Huh?' I wrinkle my nose. 'What are you talking about? And where's Five?' 

Luther steps forward, grabbing my arms. I try to scramble out of his grip, but in my condition, and due to his extreme size, I can't move. 

'Luther, stop!' I yell, trying to get my powers to work. Nothing happens. He carries my down the stairs, still kicking and punching, and stops outside the large metal cage. It's thick walls appear to be sound proof, and I can see spikes covering the inside. 

'Is this really necessary?' Diego asks, stepping forward. 'We know you want to protect the world big guy, but locking up our sisters?' 

'It's not,' I say heatedly, trying to break free from his grip. 'I didn't even do anything.' 

'But you could,' Luther's eyes narrow. 'And I don't want to take that chance.' 

'The odds of Y/n losing control of her powers are really not something to worry about,' Klaus points out. 

Luther ignores them, unceremoniously throwing me into the prison, where someone else is already waiting. 

The metal door is slammed shut and I land hard on the ground.

'Y/n, I'm so sorry,' Vanya says, standing up. 'This is all my fault.' 

'They locked you in here too?' I say. 'Because they found out about your powers?' 

Vanya nods. 'And because of what I did to Alison, and you.' 

'Right,' I sigh. 'Is there any way out?' 

She shakes her head. Luther, Diego and Klaus are standing outside the door, having some kind of meaningful discussion. 

'This is bullshit,' I glare, hitting the glass. 

Tears stream down Vanya's face, and she walks up to me, slamming both fists on the door. 

'LET US OUT!' 

Klaus gestures towards us and Luther shakes his head. Diego moves towards the door like he's going to open it, but Luther stops him. 

God, I'm really starting to hate Luther. 

'We'll find a way out,' I say to Vanya. 

'They'll never let us out,' Vanya sinks to the ground. 'Apparently, we're too dangerous.' 

'Let me think,' I sigh. 'Where's Five?' 

Like magic, he appears in the dark hallway, looking absolutely mutinous. 

Five strides towards us, going to unlock the door but Luther says something to him. I can almost hear him shouting at Luther through the sound proof walls, making angry gestures towards Vanya and I. 

I knock on the glass, sticking my middle finger out at Luther. 

Unfortunately, something is said to Five that makes him stop in his tracks. His mouth opens slightly and he shakes his head. 

Then, they all walk away, leaving us alone.