I 19 I

☂ your mother... that sl- ☂ 

'Hey asshole!' Luther shouts, entering the battle.

He dodges hits here and there, throwing the man to the ground. While those two are fighting, I crawl over to Vanya.

'You okay?'

She nods weakly.

I try to stand up, leaving Luther to fight the man. Slightly wobbling, I scramble downstairs, where Alison is battling the other lady with pool sticks.

'We just want the boy!' She says.

'Well in that case,' Alison dodges, roundhousing the enemy in the face. Unfortunately, Miss Assassin gets the upper hand, and whacks Alison into the table.

I toss Diego a knife and he throws it around the corner. She grunts slightly as the knife hits its mark.

'C'mon,' Diego says, helping Alison to her feet.

'Luther!' Alison shouts, running to where Luther lays in the middle of the floor.

'You need to cut down on the food, big guy,' Diego complains as he lifts Luther from the ground.

'Watch out!' Alison says as the chandelier begins to fall.

'Out of the way!' Luther yells, pushing her to the side.

The chandelier hits Luther on the back, knocking him to the ground.

'Luther!' Alison cries out.

Luther coughs from under the giant chandelier. With a huge amount of effort, he pushes it off himself, leading us to the next issue.

I blink rapidly.

Why does he have gorilla fur?

Is this normal?

Judging by the looks on everyone else's faces, I would say that they're just as shocked as me.

For a few minutes, Luther stares around at us, taking in our expressions. His face hardens, and he pushes past Diego, dashing up the stairs. 

Alison silently walks over to Vanya, her expression unfathomable. 

'Did you know?' Vanya asks softly. 

'No,' Alison shakes her head. 

Soft humming fills the air, much unlike the current atmosphere. 

'Shit, Mom.' Diego turns around, following the sound of Mom's gentle tune. I hear him talking to her quietly upstairs, but I can't hear what they're saying. 

The last hour feels like a whirlpool of crazy things happening simultaneously, but the one thing that remains in the back of my head is Five. 

Where the hell is he? 

'Who were those people?' Vanya asks, as Alison passes her a cloth. Vanya winces, holding the red cloth to her head. 

'I don't know,' Alison admits. 'We're lucky to be alive.' 

'I do,' I sigh, walking over to them. 'You sure you're okay?' 

Vanya nods. 

'What do you mean you know who they are?' Alison glances at me. 

'They attacked me and Five,' I explain, pointing to my stomach. 

Alison's eyebrows raises slightly. 

'They were the ones who shot you?' 

I nod. 

'What the hell were they doing here?' Vanya asks. 

'No idea,' I bite the inside of my cheek. 'But I'm going to find out.'