KABANATA VI

CHAPTER 6

I checked my emails and schedule for the week and also some scene that is under editing. It will air soon. We need to fix something so there will be no problem after we aired the episode.

I called some artist manager and ask what their artist doing. I'm just asking because they have to be ready for taping and some.

Jes also called me awhile ago. Just asking about my welfare and how's my life going on. I am actually confused if she's a pediatric surgeon or my Psychiatrist. Jes don't have enough time because she still has a lot of patient to attend.

She asks me to hang out with her this weekend after her shift so I said yes. I also need to inhale fresh air.

"Currently, the ratings of our series have raised the viewers this month. Our marketing strategy which is the so called humor of Xender and her loveteam has boom to people. Also thanks to our production team, crew and staff. Special thanks to our phenomenon director, Miss Galatea Dite Fralon." The people within the room gave a round of applause.

"What can we expect from Tedi? She's a great director. She's very young but very Professional on her field." One of the executive producers said.

"I agree with you, Sir. Miss Tedi has really something magical to spice up the series that she's working on."

"She's a good director on her generation. No wonder why she's so successful at early age."

"Well, Volokin blood is running inside her. What are we expecting?"

I received so many compliments about it. I just smiled and choose not to reply by each of them. I'm not humble enough to answer them. I know I'm too good.

"So I heard the upcoming of film of yours which is Desert. What are your plans?" they asked.

I shrugged and rest my back.

"I'm seeking Director Bianca's help about this project. She's a professional indie director. I need her help. Together with Director Leo and the staff that I have will be with me in this project." I said. They nodded, they look at me amusingly.

"Very well then you already know we will also sponsor the Desert, right?"

"Yes. In fact, I already ask for contract." I motion Anita to give them the contract. They immediately sign it.

They trust me so much. I must not waste it. I will work hard in this project. I will make it perfect so we will have tons of awards.

After the meeting I went to Director Bianca's office. She's also the one I look up to. She's an empowered woman. I love it.

I knocked first.

"Come in," she said in her very natural calm voice. I stepped in and saw her in her swivel chair. She welcomes me with an innocent smile.

"Good afternoon, Director Bianca." I greeted.

"What brings you here?" she asked.

"This is about the project that I will be working on."

"Okay? And then?"

"It's an indie film and I'm not very good at it. It's my first time and I need your help for this."

"Sure, there's no problem." She smiled sweetly. "So, when we'll start the movie?"

"I'm not sure but I think before Christmas. I still need my script director to polish the whole script for this. After the script, my location manager would find suitable place for the scene and then we will start filming." She nodded and crossed her arms on her chest.

"That's great. I'll let my script editor to be with your script writers. I'll team my team to you."

Nakakabawas stress ang sinabi niya. Malaking tulong na rin iyon sa team ko. We are all new on this kind of project. After the talk with Director Bianca I went to my office to work some inside office work.

I spent half of my afternoon working inside my office. I haven't saw Lion for a week now. Our last meet was when we went to Rizal. He didn't go with me that day. Someone fetch him with Mercedes car. I didn't get the chance to see the driver.

They are in urgency so I suppose not to meddle with them. Lion didn't even contact me. Well, I'm not waiting for his updates. I'm just curious.

I shouldn't be curious. Damn it, Tedi. I tapped my forehead for times. Damn everyone.

"Direk Tedi?" Anita knocked. I looked up to her and raised my eyebrow.

"What?"

"Senator Galan Diego Asuncion has set up an appointment with you." Pakiramdam ko ay nabingi ako sa sinabi niya. Napaayos ako ng upo. Bumubuka ang labi ko ngunit walang namumutawing salita.

Napaiwas ako ng tingin. Lahat ng emosyon na nararamdaman ko ay parang umaakyat lahat sa ulo ko. My hands started to tremble so I put my hands under the table. Anita looks at me with confusion.

They didn't know who my father is or who my mother is. No one knows that I am the first born of the Philippine Senate president and the Miss Universe 1984. They shouldn't know about it. I don't want to engage myself with that man.

"Direk, importante daw sabi ng sekretarya niya. Sa fiesta daw po ng probinsya gaganapin. Together with some senators and mayors po. It's not really business matter." Salita pa niya.

"What do you mean?" kunot noong tanong ko.

"The last film that you did was the reason why the Cagayan's tourism has risen up. Ang dati pong sigla ng probinsya ay napa balik niyo that's why they are calling for a celebration." Nakangiting sabi ni Anita.

"Ano namang kinalaman ni Da— I mean ni Senator Asuncion?" tanong ko pa. Wala kasi akong maintindihan sa sinasabi niya.

"Si senator daw po kasi ang dating mayor sa doon. Siya daw po ang halos nagmamay ari ng mga pasyalan doon."

Fuck, how can I forget that my father was the Cagayan former mayor? Goddamn it. My mom is the legal wife but she left him when she's pregnant with me so I lived on Manila until I was 2. Sadly, my father forces my mom to live with him after his reign in Cagayan. He was actually preparing for a higher position that time.

I actually live with my father for a decade. It was terrible. Sometimes, I will saw my father kissing younger girls. My mommy kept all his shits until her own life ended her pain.

Uncle Volokin is my mom's kuya. He fought my custody. Eventually my father gave me to him to avoid scandal. He kept his own family in the dark.

After the traumatic life that I had endured because of him I will see him again.

I saw him on tv but not on personal. I hate how he smiles knowing he destroyed his own flesh life. I hate him to the core. I hope he dies soon.

"Direk? Icacancel ko po ba?" Anita felt the uneasiness.

Should I avoid him? Am I still scared of him? Dapat hindi ako ang matakot. Hindi ako ang nakasira ng buhay. Hindi ako ang demonyo dito.