Chapter 53: Intersecting Lines

Finally, some semblance of normalcy.

Also, there's mild NSFW in the last part. I tried to make it as SFW as possible, but it's hard.

This is also the longest chapter in the book ayyy

---

Tom woke up feeling refreshed. Letting out a yawn, he stretched a bit on the bed. He then snuggled closer to the big German Shepherd next to him and closed his eyes again, trying to get a few more minutes of sleep. It felt warm and cosy. The shepherd's heartbeat slowly lulled him awake, reminding him that he had to wake up early.

For two weeks they'd been living together, Max had always been comfortable to cuddle with. Sure, mostly he was just lying there not knowing what to do, so Tom scooted to his side, feeling the hard muscles, basking in the gentle warmth, and smelling the masculine scent more strongly from the German Shepherd. He would never get enough of Max.

He traced lines on the shepherd's front body, his chest, his abs. Even through the t-shirt, the curves on Max's body were noticeable. He looked up; the shepherd was still sleeping peacefully with his muzzle open and tongue out. The wolf chuckled softly; he was sure his mouth was going to be dry when he woke up.

The thought of just touching him all over sometimes popped itself in his mind, but no. He wanted their first time to be slow and steady. Really, just doing this was making him hard, but he wouldn't push the dog. If Max weren't ready, then Tom wouldn't push.

Okay, time to get up.

The wolf yawned again and sat up, ruffling his fluff a bit. With autumn ending, he'd been cleaning his shed fur. He should also prepare himself for cleaning more of those now that there was another one living with him. Even though Max didn't have thick fur, he was still shedding quite a lot last night when they were brushing each other.

He looked at the sleeping shepherd once more and gave him a small peck on the cheek, then stood up and walked to the bathroom.

After doing his morning routine in the bathroom, he washed his face and looked at the reflection. The dark furs under his eyes were gone and he looked a lot happier now. He tried to grin as how he remembered Max did but failed miserably. Better leave the teasing part to him, maybe.

Taking the brush, he combed the fur on his face, then the parts of his fluff which he could reach. It looked like he needed to get another brush. When he was done, he put the brush away and took the loose fur off it before discarding them to one of the bins. He then smelled himself; he wasn't too musky and although Max's scent was all over him, it wasn't suggesting that they did something naughty. Maybe no shower today, the wolf thought as he walked to the living room.

It was almost six. He turned the telly on in the living room before walking to the kitchen to get some water and breakfast. The wolf took a glass of water and a piece of bread from the kitchen, then sat down on the sofa. They both had work at nine later, so they had to get going before eight lest they come late. He had to go to the market to get supplies later, maybe he'd go at 06.15 before the ingredients he needed ran out. He also needed more breakfast.

"Morning, horndog."

Tom lazily elongated his legs on the sofa. "Morning, Lain. This got to be the first time you wake up this early."

"I saved our ass multiple times this early. You're welcome." Lain retorted good-naturedly.

Tom just chuckled. Munching the bread, he thought to himself about things to do today. The laundry needs to be done—today was Max's turn—the flat needed vacuuming, he had to cook some food...