🔮Chapter 14: Dreams of The Past (Part 1)🔮

"Here goes nothing." Jeno sighed before the three walked catching up after Mark left them behind.

When they arrived at the place where Chenle and Jisung were, their giggles instantly stopped as Chenle slapped the book shut his hand attempting to cover the book they were reading.

Mark sat in a seat opposite Chenle, Jeno opposite Jisung, Renjun next to Chenle and Jaemin next to Jisung. Chenle gulped from the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"Chenle... This is going to be hard for us to ask you because we all know that this is something serious and personal and isn't something to speak of out loud, but we knew we had to confront you eventually, and I think you knew that too. The question is though, do you trust us?" Renjun started, looking at the other boys who nodded in agreement.

"Of course, I do... You guys are my friends! What makes you think I don't?" Chenle tried covering up the uncomfortable feeling with a smile.

"The fact that we have to say that whatever you are going through, just know that we will be waiting for you to tell us and we would never force the truth of your disappearance. We want you to trust us but we know that it may not be easy to open up," Jaemin reassured with a small smile.

"We would take it to our graves. Heck, I would do an unbreakable vow for you to know you can trust us! If we weren't your friends we would have already told Leeteuk, but we didn't because we love you Chenle, flaws, claws and all," Mark confidently said making Chenle tear up a little with the people he could call friends.

He never told anybody he was friends with or even relatives about the truth. The fact that his friends figured it out before relatives show they are more like his brothers now. Chenle looked to Jisung for help but was met instantly with the most comforting of eyes that showed that urged him to believe he can trust the boys.

"What do you think the truth is then? What do you think is the reason for my disappearance?" Chenle asked quietly scared something might be hearing him.

"It's a full moon when you leave, then you come back slightly injured and with bandages all over yourself. We think you are a werewolf, Chenle... and we are sorry to have to confront you with the truth that we were able to find out," Jeno said guilty that the boy looked like he could break down crying any moment.

Chenle subtly nodded before feeling Jisung hug him tightly glad that the boy was brave enough to accept the fact that the other four now knew the truth. Soon Jaemin and Renjun joined the hug then Mark and Jeno who had to get up from their chairs and walk around to the other side of the table.

Although the moment was nice and sentimental, Jaemin heard footsteps instantly knowing he was going to die. Quickly escaping the hug he went to the hexes and curses section to see someone who came to the library in the worst of times.

"Ah Jaemin, what are you doing in the hexes and curses section?" Donghyuck asked his eyebrow slightly cocked.

Jaemin looked to where the boys were seeing as some of them were giggling at the situation he was in but Mark looked at him with wide eyes knowing he was going to say something that will make him annoyed.

"Just planning the next prank to play. I think we should do it on Mark Lee this time because of what happened in Charms the other day!" Jaemin grinned already knowing Mark was going to kill him for that.

Although Mark was the one to start the ongoing war between him and Donghyuck because he made Donghyuck levitate in a Charms lesson, he wished Jaemin didn't put the thought of revenge in the boy's head.

"Genius idea Nana! Lee won't even know what hit him!" Donghyuck cackled evilly making Mark glare at Jaemin who betrayed him and came up with the idea.

"I will make sure that prank won't happen. I will strike first!" Mark bravely said attempting to go after the boys but instantly to be pulled by Jeno.