two

"Shawty lick me clean the way she suck me off, I keep two hoes in my bed I got 'em turnin' out." George raps, really, really badly alone in his car. Now louder, "What would you do if you heard I got it going' on?"

George was a thin, brunette, brown eyed, fair complexioned (though he could maintain a beautiful tan in the summer, which was just a few weeks away), gorgeous college student. He had been in Florida for almost a year and a half. His family had money, so traveling abroad to go to school was something he did not have to just fantasize about. Why he chose Florida was his parents' only concern. He was smart, and got many grants and scholarship opportunities. He got a full-ride opportunity for a good school in California, and said no to it.

His reasoning for his fondness of Florida was that he fell in love with it when his family took a trip to Disney World when he was eight. In his heart, he knew he just craved to be in America. Florida was the only state he had been to, so his love for the country was rooted there. He had yet to experience a summer in Florida, so he decided not to go back to London this year. It made his whole family very upset.

A reminder pops up on his phone while starting the song over. Call mom, idiot. He will later.

He is blasting Travis Scott because it calms him down, and job interviews are stressful. Subway. George thinks. It is one of the only restaurants that America and the London both have. Part of the reason he applied, though he does not want to admit it, is because he is homesick.

Do normal twenty-four year olds work at Subway? He feels stupid. He has a computer science degree, and came to America to study business. Of all the careers he could choose from, HES chose sandwich maker. He took a little bit of time off of school right before he started his second degree, so when it comes to school and work he feels far behind. Minimum wage over the summer will do for now, his parents loved him dearly and would support him financially anyway if he expressed that he needed that. Some independence was something he craved, however. He wanted to know he even could maintain a job because after college he would have to get a real one. His second graduation was very far away, so Subway is what he decided to apply to.

He had a side-hustle uploading Minecraft videos with his friends, but financially it was going nowhere. He was becoming popular, but it was not showing itself through money. It was more of a hobby.

"Gorgeous, baby keep me hard as steel." He raps his last verse before pulling into the Subway parking lot.

"He was great! He can start next Monday, you just need to add him to the schedule." Anthony is proud he hired the first person he interviewed. Dream was pissed.

"Why would you hire someone who can't work weekends? That is the main reason we started interviews. And, dude, I told you I would do all the interviews, anyways." Dream is visibly annoyed. Anthony is older, and has probably only made two or three sandwiches in his whole life. His name was on the property, they called him the owner and that was the extent of it. Dream ran everything, and often got bothered when he had to ask Anthony for anything because his lack of knowledge on what happens at the Subway. He had to be so astronomically bored to do an interview, because it was the only one Dream did not do in over two and a half years of managing.

"He was British! Stop complaining, you'll love him. Tell me when he is on the schedule so I can text him. Better yet, here." Anthony shoots Dream a text. It is George's contact information. "You send him all the information for his schedule, ask for his size for the uniform, and stay in communication until he has the app and everything. Let me know how training goes!" Dream rolls his eyes as Anthony rushes out the door to avoid the angry stare Dream was giving him. Idiot.

Monday through Thursday. 8am to 2pm. He picks up his phone to text George.

"Hey! Its Dream, the Subway manager. I am going to send you an invite to the app where you clock in and check your schedule." He sounds overly nice in the text, and is overly annoyed while typing it. Double text time. "You sure you can't work weekends?"

An hour later George texts, "hey dude, thx! No weekends haha its summer!" George sets up his new work app. "See u Monday tho!"

How childish. He can't work weekends because he wants to party? He rolls his eyes for what feels like the millionth time since he found out Anthony had hired someone without consulting him. Not all of us have the luxury of taking weekends off he thinks to himself. In the back of his mind, it is jealousy over actual annoyance. He misses feeling young. Managing a restaurant full of teens and people in their early twenties will have you feeling like a warn-out dad. He wants to be the one babied, told what to do, put in his place. He never wanted all these responsibilities, and would rather be dealing with the consequences of his actions than dishing consequences out to other employees. Fuck this shit. He contemplates putting in his two weeks over the stress of training three new people on Monday. He drives home after a long day.

He realizes he is off tomorrow for the first time in eight days. He wants to have a fun day off, but in reality, he will probably sleep all day. He pets his cat, Patches, as he walks into his lonely apartment. For someone as reserved as Dream, not even allowing many people to know his real name, he finds himself confiding in her a lot. They had a deep conversation that night about his stressful week over some dinner. The smell of her food did not make his any more appetizing, but he wanted her to be in his presence so badly he tolerated it.

Dream, in fact, did sleep all day. All he did besides sleep was order two burgers, and ate them while watching YouTube videos for an hour. Oh shit, did he lose concept of time after every day felt like the same day over, and over again? Tomorrow is Monday. He drags himself to bed a little bit earlier than he was originally planning to. He had put on his most comfortable sweatpants earlier as his form of self care for the day, to mentally prepare for the stress tomorrow will bring.

Quackity opened in the morning, so Dream could come right at 8am instead of 6am. Before walking inside he noticed a young man was talking to Quackity, but had not ordered anything yet.

"Here he is, Dream is the manager." Quackity is explaining to George.

Dream pauses, stunned after big brown eyes meet his exhaustion-laced green ones. This is who Anthony hired? He had to disguise his jaw drop as a yawn. Why would somebody so hot wanna work at motherfucking Subway...

1245 words