five

NSFW

Dream knew work would be absolutely miserable. He was a much different person than he was leaving his shift two days ago. You'd think someone who spend the past few days getting bomb head, pussy, and sweet cuddles would be feeling relaxed and on top of the world. He did not feel good at all. He was not confused. Dream secretly always knew he was bisexual, but had never let that reality truly shine through. He should be excited to find out more about himself, and for him this was something freeing. So why do his shoulders ache from tension? Why is his anxiety so bad?

Do I have a preference for guys. Should I call him?

Dream headed to the office without saying hello to anyone. It was not yet lunch rush, so they were slow. He could not care to find something for George, Quackity, and Willow to do instead of standing around and waiting.

Dream started filling out an order sheet to get his mind off Sebastian. How he felt in his hands, how soft his lips were, how he wished he wasn't so stupid and let those lips wonder wherever they wanted...

"Hey, sir, uhm..." Sir? "There was a problem with the scheduling... remember I can't work weekends? You put me for Saturday and I'm actually... I'm busy."

Why is he talking to me. Why couldn't he text me. Why couldn't he just call out, anything. George never knew it, but he only approached Dream at the worst times.

"Sure... whatever. Don't come. I'm busy and I'll fix it later." George shuddered to the harsh tone. He walks in, and closes the door. Dream looks back up from looking between his computer and order sheet, surprised he did not close the door with himself on the other side of it. George's eyes are sad and he is visibly upset. He's an idiot, but he's a gorgeous idiot.

"Why do you... why are you so mean to me? I try with you, I am kind, I keep my composure, I laugh at your jokes when they aren't funny. I watch as you treat everyone like royalty, and me like shit. You cut my hours, I am the first to get sent home early no matter who volunteers to leave. You look at me disgusted. What the fu... what did I ever do to you?" George is on the brink of a mental breakdown. His voice was wild, raspy, and emotional. He dismissed the fact that the whole store could at least hear his tone if they could not make out his words.

Dream was shocked. He had never been called out like this. The anger started in his ears, and they started to feel wild-fire hot. His whole face turned red. "Watch your tone." He did not raise his voice, but stayed stern. "You have to be able to live with the fact that not everybody fucks with you. You're schedule does not cater to what we originally needed. It is hard to schedule and pay someone who can barely come to work, and I can't fire you because Anthony loves you and you haven't done enough to get fired-"

"Exactly! I haven't done anything! If I worked weekends would you treat me with any human decency? I like working here, I love it but you make it feel hostile for me. I don't want to have to quit, I am willing to make sacrifices to stay even though I feel like a dumbass! I don't see why you're so harsh on me about it, Quackity takes weekends off too." George was always taught to stick up for himself. He feels pride in knowing he can even have a conversation like this with a higher up.

"I would like you to work weekends. It would make my job a lot easier." Dreams chest ached. What am I doing? He doesn't deserve this... this is humiliating. I never want to make a human feel so small. George turns to walk out. "Schedule me weekends, whatever."

"Wait. Come back and sit down."

George is surprised. He dreads whatever is going to come next out of Dreams mouth. "I'm sorry." George wonders why he keeps apologizing and never changes. "I don't like how I make you feel. In my personal life, I have been suffering a lot. It is nice to hear someone loves working here. I miss loving work, and life. I shouldn't be taking my frustrations out on you. I really am sorry." Dream tears up, but isn't going to cry. He cried all morning.

George feels sad. He's older than Dream, and does not have to endure have the stresses he does. "I'm sorry you feel so burnt out. I see how you talk to everyone, you're young and you're cool and you have a good personality... and I like your haircut. Very trendy, but anyways I feel like you should allow your youth to emit out of you. Did you... um... maybe I can hel-"

"You like my hair?" George blushes, and wished that was not the only thing Dream heard. "I think you look badass, I think mullets are your thing!" Now Dream blushes. The compliment fills his chest his calmness. "Thank you." Dream starts...

"Listen... I want to get to know the chill you... the nice and not stressed manager Dream. I wanna know the twenty-one year old wild Dream. I think you could be fun getting taken out of this situation. Do you want to go to a party?"

This is a recipe for disaster. "S-Sure!" Dream says way too fast. He couldn't help but let his youth show, no matter how unprofessional this was. Someone wants to spend time with him, that was rare. He felt a fondness for his hopefully new friend, though he hated him moments before. He wanted to forget work status, and hang out with people his age. Fuck it. I deserve a party.

"Really? ...Cool!" George really did not expect a yes. "I'll send you the information! It's Saturday night."

They smile at each other attentively. George sees a line forming outside of the office, and gets up to go help Willow and Quackity. Dream realized in the past few days that his type might be kind, and gentle guys. He refrains from letting that thought go further as he starts to sweat, and submerges himself in a sea of work.

-

The work day is done for Dream. It is golden hour as he is walking out. Their break room is really just the back of the store, as it is a small store and the employees are more encouraged to go to their cars for their breaks. Dream goes to the break room to get some water before heading home.

Lewd breaths come from behind a rack filled with cups, napkins, and restaurant necessities. Kissing sounds?

"Wet at work, baby?" A British whisper emerges from behind the rack. What the fuck...

"I can't help it. You looked so good all day." Willow? Why they fuck are they doing this at work.

Unzipping sounds coming from jeans are heard, and Dream decides to leave right away. He will deal with this later, this shift was exhausting. His decision to ignore it now does not mean he has never been so angry in his entire life. He drives home 30 mph over the speed limit on every street, not ready to face his thoughts as home.

1252 words