eight

Both POV slight NSFW (not really?)

"Why are you here so fucking early?" Dream says in a raspy morning voice with a quiet laugh, yawning while unlocking the doors to the Subway. George was sitting outside the door visibly shivering from how cold the morning air was. He was not fully asleep, but tired enough to be scared by the dirty blondes unexpected presence and words.

"My car is still fucked... I mean broken." George says. No matter how close they get, the joke about not being able to cuss in front of Dream will always lighten his mood. "I have to take the bus probably this whole week."

"You guys are relentless with that joke. And, dude, fuck that. I'll drive you here and home. I can change your schedule to work with mine if you want. Come inside, you look frozen to the ground." Dream helps him up, continuing to hold George's hand and pulling him into the office. "Change my schedule? The favoritism starts already?" George goes as Dream pulls him into a warm hug. He is thawing George out.

"We can talk about all that later, but don't call it favoritism because then I can't get away with it. I would've hugged you outside, but Anthony has access to the cameras out there." A hug. That's all for now. That's not weird, is it? Dream starts to think. George is contemplating what Dream is telling him in silence. Part of him wants to melt in his arms, and the other part is deeply sad that whatever they are right now, which is nothing yet, already had to be kept a secret.

"You're keeping me a secret already? Am I that ugly?" George jokes. He knows that's not why, but he was fishing for compliments to ease the hurt in his chest. He's holding on to Dream for dear life, and Dream is happily accepting the grip George has on his shoulders. Dream even starts brushing George's hair out of his face to see his beautiful umber eyes better. George starts to think. If I have him, his full attention, why do I feel like he can disappear at any moment.

"You're gorgeous." He plants a kiss on George's forehead. "I don't want to jump to conclusions about what this is. I'm scared. I want to say everything, and do everything with you. I want to tell you how I feel, but I feel like even this is crossing hard boundaries. We are hugging and I feel like I'm harassing you. You have the power, now, to take my job if you wanted to..."

"I don't want to." George cuts him off.

"You're a human being." Dream laughs, light heartedly. "The first time I fuck up, what if you get the urge to just tell everybody how weird I am, and how your manager is trying to fuck you." Dream's face starts to get red after realizing he just admitted some new information.

"So you want me to make all the first moves? What will make you trust that I won't ruin your precious career?" George smirks evilly, looking up at Dream with a new with a new set of devilish eyes. He breaks the eye contact to whisper in Dreams ear, overly seductive. "And I think it's sexy my manager wants to fuck me."

Dream is speechless and blushing harder than he ever had in his life. He tries to hold George where he is so he doesn't have to see his face, and how much the shortest sentences could do the most for him sexually. The bell that rings when someone walks in to the restaurant goes off, and Dream and George dramatically disconnect from their embrace. "We'll talk about it later, asshole." Dream whispers.

Karl is the first of the staff to come in for the day. It's time for everyone to get to work, so the three clock in and start their tasks. Karl is respectful of boundaries, not asking why George had been to work much earlier than his shift started. Still, Karl wanted nothing more than to know absolutely everything going on.

The tension at work was still present, but very different. Dream didn't avoid George out of annoyance today, but out of survival. There were unanswered questions that were far more important than anything that had to do with sandwiches for Dream. Part of him wanted to pull him out of work for a long talk about where they stand, and part of him was daydreaming about devouring George. Why did that have to be that last thing he said to me before Karl walked in.