four

slight NSFW

The next day started late, because the previous day ended late. Dream did not sleep until 8am. What's wrong with me?

The conclusion he came to after fighting himself all night was that it was time to stop ignoring his desires and challenge himself to know more about the unknown. He had felt a change in himself this past year. He used to watch porn and ignore the guys, but found that to not be the case recently. He was terrified of himself after jerking off and cumming to a video of two men together that he stumbled upon. He didn't allow himself to think about it too much at the time. All he knew was there was a lot he had to think about.

Dream is not scared to like guys because he's internally homophobic, or anything like that. It feels exciting to him that the world does not have to be as limited as it was before. It was just scary to him to open that door, when no change had been made in his life in years. It was even more scary to him that maybe once he had experienced men romantically, he would realize that is not what he was missing in life and he would carry on suffering the way he had for years. Maybe that's why he felt the urge to take this more seriously now. He needed to answer all these questions. He secretly, desperately craved change.

Tired from the lack of sleep, he decides today is the day to open that door. He downloads Grindr.

Sebastian. 20. If he could go out to dinner with anyone dead or alive, it would be SZA. That is not information Dream needed to know that the guy was cute, and charming when they messaged. Dream made it clear he was exploring his sexuality, but did not want to go all the way tonight as he did the night before. Sebastian loved the idea of getting to know each other while they cooked dinner at Dream's apartment. He was relieved, he wasn't ready to go on a public date with a guy.

"Does 7:00 work for you?" Dream sends nervously.

"Yes, send me the address and I'll see you then!" Shit. I have to go get groceries so we can actually have something to cook.

They agreed on pasta, bruschetta, a salad and both decided that maybe alcohol wasn't for a night like this so opted for water and San Pellegrino. It was going to be a cute little Italian vibe.

Dream didn't know what to expect. Just as with Rachel, he did not expect to get a spouse out of this date. He didn't even expect a second date. He purely just wanted to see if he could elicit any profound emotions on a date with another guy.

He unlocked the door of the apartment, sets the groceries on the counter, and showers. What do you wear to a date at home? Jeans? Sweats? He opted for brown dickies and a white tee shirt. Nothing too over the top, but not pajamas either. Shit. It's 6:32.

Sebastian was entrancing from the second he walked into the apartment. He was beautiful, helping Dream to finally understand why people loved green eyes so much. Conversation came easy, and they were both active in the kitchen cooking up a perfect meal. He's sweet.

Dream sat on the couch, and feeling brave, gestured for Sebastian to straddle him. It was lighthearted, not in a 'come fuck me,' way. It was more Dream's craving for affection coming out. Sebastian complied. Nothing was awkward. He was gentle, and the kiss that came with the rubbing circles into Dream's shoulder blades was slow and kind. He made no effort to take a next step, as he knew Dream's reservations as of that moment.

Dream kissed Sebastians neck with the same gentleness they had been maintaining while making out. It was his thank you. He did not want to impose, or ruin the electricity they had already, but the truth is Dream would have been delighted to fuck Sebastian with no mercy. Not tonight. They finished the night with a movie while cuddling on the couch. Dream was the big spoon and they stayed intertwined all night.

An obnoxious alarm goes off. Holy shit. I have work. They woke up way earlier than they were ready to, and Sebastian understood it was time to go. He had never expected to stay, but everything was feeling right so he felt no urgency to leave the night before. They kissed goodbye, as if they'd never see each other again. It was a bittersweet kiss because the truth is, they never would.

He had his answers.

Dream sobbed while taking a boiling hot shower, got ready for work, and drove there in silence.

811 words