Chapter 29. Apples

Natsu sat in the empty gym finishing the last of the clean up, the Volleyball club members had all returned home or to their dorms. So much for teamwork, they had just left her to clean up since she was a scholarship student. Natsu was still was part of the team and deserved some respect.

"You missed a spot!" Ha-kun heckled from the bleachers where she was holding her volleyball bag over her shoulder, three omega girls giggled into their hands. Natsu didn't reply, she only continued the last bit of mopping. This was the norm, Haneda  was always followed around by her fangirls and boys.

The three girls with Haneda-kun now were not in any of Natsu's classes but she knew the three  by their reputation. Just some rich kid omegas that were popular for their expensive tastes and looks. Really all these types just blended together to Natsu. Their overly sweet scents gave her a headache, she wondered how an alpha like Haneda-kun could even stand it. Since she constantly complained about Natsu's scent being disgustingly strong. Haneda-kun wasn't a fan of orange hair either, again not something Natsu hadn't heard before. Big bro had been teased just as bad growing up, their aunt had always been cruel about it. In fact all of their mother's side of the family made sure to let the Hinata siblings know just how much they despised their father's blood line and features. 

Bro. Natsu frowned her mopping halting, she had tried to text him a few days ago and he hadn't texted back. He always was so quick, and he never missed their usual Sunday night call. That was three days ago and combined with no text. She had even called his dorm and they said he no longer was staying in the dorms.

Did he move again? He always kept her informed. She didn't have any other way to get a hold of him. What if something serious had happened? An accident?

"Hey! Idiot!" Haneda Akio  was suddenly looming over the short orange haired omega. This nobody had irked Akio since starting in the middle of the year. She had no respect for the hierarchy, alphas especially rich one likes Akio were at the top and the poor scholarship kids were the very bottom, omega scholarship kids even lower. However since joining the team the orange haired girl had acted so proud. Haneda knew the captain frowned down on hazing or bullying but Natsu made herself stand out being the only omega on the team always showing them up. Her grades were the top three, Akio was lucky to not be on academic probation.

Still, they called her names, threw things at her, some of the others shoved her here and there. No reaction, nothing. Except now Natsu was oddly still, and her usually bright scent of oranges and cinnamon felt almost subdued. She held her breath there was something else, a sour scent dusting the air. Sadness? Anxiety? Two things not usually associated with the confident proud omega.

"Awe is little miss perfect going to cry?" One of the blond omegas Akio couldn't remember her name other than her father was a doctor or famous surgeon had stepped forward shoving the orange haired girl down.

To Akio's surprise Natsu fell back without any resistance, the middle blocker was usually a little nimbler. The other two omegas took advantage of the situation and poured their water bottles over the dazed girl's bowed head.

"Seeya Na-chan! Don't forget to mop really good."  The three waved to Akio, "Bye.Bye Ha-chan!" as they left the gym.

Akio crouched down, unsure why she cared but it was odd for her teammate to be so quiet.

Maybe she was sick? That had to be it, she had seemed quieter through practice although she didn't miss a spike or a receive.

"Oi! Dummy! You gonna just sit there and pout?" Akio reached to help her teammate up instead Natsu whimpered softly, flinching back as if Akio was going to hit her. Akio was an alpha with some fucking pride she didn't believe in hitting omegas. Male or female, her mother would kill her.  Father would disown Akio if she was ever to be physically violent not that they would accept her being a bully in other ways. But it was just a little fun, besides this omega wasn't fragile she could take it. Right?