K

:)🍓

    The waiter placed the ordered food on the table, Mark and Haechan thanking them before diving in.

    "Spill the tea sunshine." Mark said, taking spoon of the soup and slurping it.

      "Well.... it's about Jaemin and his lover Jeno." Haechan started but stopped when the older gasped out loud.

    "JAEMIN HAS A LO-"

    Haechan grabbed a piece of bread and stuffed it into the loud mouth, cutting the latter off. Mark struggled not to choke on the bread as Haechan just sipped on his glass of water.

  After a bit more struggling, their table was quite and calm. Haechan couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. He was about to continue what he was saying when a loud voice caught the two's attention.

     "BUT I NEED HIM! HE MIGHT'VE REJECTED ME BUT HE CALLED ME GOOD LOOKING LAYLA!"

      The loud voice of a lady in her twenties caught basically all the customers' attention. Unfortunately for Haechan and Mark, the lady seated herself on the table right next to theirs. They thought she'd shut up or at least lower her voice but oh were they wrong. She was consistent and maintained the decibel.

     There was pause as the lady listened to the person in the other end of the line before yelling into the phone again.

     "I KNOW I POURED MY COFFEE ON HIM BUT COME ONNN!!!" The lady whined.

    The conversation the lady had did get Haechan curious but unfortunately, it seemed that the person on the other end had hung up.

     The restaurant got back to its calm state as Mark and Haechan continued eating.

     "You were saying sunshine?" Mark tried restarting their conversation from before.

    Haechan's face lit up again when he remembered what had happened before he came to the restaurant.

    "Jeno is a special someone for Jaemin."

     "That's it??" Mark deadpanned cu he was sure his boyfriend wouldn't get this excited over that. Jaemin was capable of picking just about anyone he walks by.

     "Aaaanddd. The little Jeno is the kitty he keeps sending pictures of in the group chat." Haechan finished, basically shaking in his chair.

     Mark sat for a while, trying to put this and that together. His face scrunched up then his mouth was wide open then he shut it and just looked confused.

   "what?-" Mark asked cuz he wasn't sure if what he was thinking made any sense.

     "He's a hybrid honey..."

    Now Mark's mouth hung open, in shock and not confusion.

     "Na Jaemin, the man who works for me and who I've known for god knows how long, FINALLY gets a man. AND IT'S a hYbriD??!" Mark sqeeked out. He proceeded to wipe off an imaginary tear before resuming his eating.

       "I know sweetheart. I'm proud of him too."

     The two ate and had some small talk in the middle. They got dessert and Haechan ended up making quite a bit of a mess. Secret garden happened.

     After  the two were done and were about to get up and leave the restaurant, Haechan felt someone tap him on the shoulder. He pulled at Mark's hand to stop him from leaving as he turned to look at the person who had wanted his attention.

     There stood the loud woman who had been occupying the table next to Mark and Haechan. She was staring at the ground and was pulling at her skirt, looking innocent and vulnerable. Haechan wasn't in the mood to deal with her but he's too sweet for his liking.

      "Umm... I'm sorry to interrupt your date but I kinda overheard you guys talk about Jaeminnie and Nono. It caught my attention so I was wondering who you two cute guys were."

    Haechan swore his lunch came back up his throat a bit when she heard the lady say Jaeminnie and Nono. He forced a smile and laugh as he answered.

     "Haha... We both are their close friends. Would you mind me asking who you are pretty lady?"

     Mark was just watching, not bothered at the slightest. If he had to intervene he will.

   "Oh! Jaeminnie has never mentioned me?!" She exclaimed, an over exaggerated gasp following that.

     Haechan just shook his head, waiting for the woman to shut up and let them go.

    "I'm Lim Nara! Me and Jaeminnie met at the place where cutie kitty Nono works!"

     The word kitty caught Haechan's attention as he felt himself die a bit inside.

    "Uuuuuh... you have an interesting way of addressing Jeno... haha?"

     The lady, Nara, playfully hit Haechan's shoulder before letting out an annoying giggle that sounded like a dying chick.

   "You didn't know little Nono is a hybrid?! And you guys call yourself his close friend??" Nara stated, basically throwing herself onto the tired sunshine.

     It was time Mark intervened and so he did.

    "I'm so sorry umm...Nara? but me and my boyfriend had to be somewhere by now. We could probably run into each other sometime later! Bye."

    Mark quickly took hold of Haechan's hand and the two jogged to the parking lot where Mark had parked their car.

    "That was weird."

    "Yes sunshine. I agree..."

      The two got into the car, Mark behind the wheel and headed back to their apartment since Mark didn't have anything important he would be missing out at work.

   The car ride was peaceful, the radio playing and Haechan humming along softly.

   Their peace wouldn't hold for long though.

•••

:)🍓

:)🍓