Back to Britain

"You have a sister?" I cried out. Erica glared and clamped her hand over my mouth.

"Say it a little louder will you?" she snapped, grabbing my arm and dragging me into one of the communal bathrooms. She quickly cased the room, determined that there was nobody in there, and jammed the doorknob so nobody could open it. I wrinkled my nose, revolted by the stank in the tiny room. 

"You couldn't have dragged me into a slightly less horrible place?" I groaned. 

"At least it's not as bad as the Paris sewers." Erica said, leaning against the sink. A stream of water ran over her shoe, coming from one of the stalls. Erica made a face. "I take that back. Overflowing toilets are pretty horrible." I shook my head.

"Back to this sister. You have a sister?!" 

"Yes. Her name is Trixie. She's a year younger than you and your pal's Mike and Zoe." Erica pulled out her phone and showed me a photo. It was a selfie of a girl who looked identical to Erica standing in Erica's dorm room holding a stuffed kitten. 

"Wow. You and Trixie look the exact same!" I grinned at the thought of a second Erica. Erica glanced at the screen then quickly hid it from me, her cheeks tinged a faint pink. 

"Um... that wasn't Trixie." she said, trying not to sound embarrassed. I snorted.

"I didn't know you had a stuffed animal." Erica shot me an icy glare.

"Tell anyone about that and I'll kill you." she finally found the picture she was looing for and flashed me the screen. The girl on it looked similar to Erica, the same raven hair and icy blue eyes, but unlike Erica she was giving off an air of kindness and love. She also looked a few years younger, smiling with one of her bottom teeth missing and wearing a dress patterned with sunflowers.

"This was last year." Erica informed me. 

"So does Trixie live in Britain with your mom?" Erica nodded. "and she studies at MI6?"an uncomfortable look crossed Erica's face. 

"Actually no. Trixie is the only one in our family not training to be a spy, and its vital she doesn't find out that's out family business. I can't let anything bad happen to her." I got the impression that Erica really cared for her younger sister.

"So Trixie's missing?" I asked. Erica nodded again.

"My mom got a call from her boarding school saying that she disappeared last night and hasn't been heard from since. Mom doesn't want me to worry, she said she's gonna find Trixie, but I think it would be good if I flew out to England to help find her anyway." I gasped. 

"You can't! If your mom finds out-"

"Relax Ben. I'm not gonna tell her until I find Trixie. I have a place I can stay and plenty of money- plus I know my sister better than anyone. I just need to find her and make sure she's safe." I could see the desperation Erica was trying to hide shining in her eyes and knew I couldn't talk her out of it. Instead I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Then I'm coming with you." I said.