Chapter 5: First Photoshoot

After an uneventful and very tense walk to their destination, Kim Dokja and Yoo Jonghyuk entered the set room. Both of them were surprised to see only a simple screen set up.

A dull coral color with a single highlight.

Kim Dokja could feel his hand grip around the packet that contained the two cat ear clips.

"Usha!" Kim Dokja and Yoo Jonghyuk whirled around at the voice and saw Uriel grinning at them. "You two look adorable," she noted with a finger up. "Also, Dokja-ah, let me help you with those," she pointed at the plastic bag in Kim Dokja's hands.

This time, her hair was tied into a single braid, and she was wearing a pastel blue button-up, which was tucked into her jeans. And unlike last time, when her makeup was smeared, her face reflected its natural features, making her look more innocent than she really was.

"About time!" Mr. Black yelled from where he was setting up the cameras. Han Sooyoung and Yoo Sangha stepped out from behind the set; they were conversing with each other until they spotted the two, a flush suddenly growing on their cheeks.

Kim Dokja turned back to Uriel immediately and lowered his head, murmuring, "can you do it?". The woman in front of him tilted her head and grasped his arm, a grin immediately landing on her face, and she dragged him towards a single sofa.

She sat him down in front of her and extended her arm. Kim Dokja handed her the bag he had anxiously clawed open. Uriel pursed her lips and took one clip out of the bag, leaning ahead and patting Kim Dokja's head. "I always wanted to do this, Dokja-ah," she smiled as she spoke and ruffled his hair. "I wonder how Jonghyuk-ah would enjoy the patting. . . " she quietly asked under her breath.

Kim Dokja closed one eye and glanced through the broken view to see Yoo Jonghyuk staring at Uriel. When Kim Dokja was sure he locked eyes with Yoo Jonghyuk, the latter turned around and began speaking to Mr. Black and Lee Jihye.

Eventually, the man closed that eye, overthinking the expression he had just seen. In fact, he found Uriel's head pats slightly comforting.

"Ah, there, it's done!" Uriel exclaimed, and Kim Dokja opened his eyes. "I tried to make it look exactly like Yoo Jonghyuk-ah's!" She said proudly.

Kim Dokja nodded, "thanks a lot, Uriel-ah."

"Enough chitchat, get your asses up,' Mr. Black snapped, and everyone stood behind him.

Kim Dokja and Uriel followed.

"Alright, our two contestants, take your place on the stage," The man spoke, grinning. Mr. Black checked the light modifiers once again, touching the white fabric. "Well, Han Sooyoung shall choose the position."

Kim Dokja felt his heart throb uneasily. It was at times like this that he was afraid he might actually mess something up. . . otherwise, he turned to Yoo Jonghyuk. The taller man seemed to show no such facials.

He gulped.

The both of them walked towards the stage and stood rigidly. "Alright, yeah! Oi!" Han Sooyoung waved her hand, looking even shorter from their height. Kim Dokja unclasped his tightly held hands.

"Okay, okay, so," the woman glanced into the book she had folded in the beginning. "So, Dokja. I don't want you to do your signature smile or shit, instead, relax your face and lid your eyes, then very softly lift the ends of your lips, leaving them a bit ajar. Remember that."

Kim Dokja wanted to run away, but gulped and breathed heavily.

"AND JONGHYUK!" She pointed. "No rigidness. Fucking loosen that ego and smile." Kim Dokja closed his eyes once again and breathed. His expression should be nothing compared to Yoo Jonghyuk attempting to smile.