Chapter 8: View In The Past [part 1]

A Glance: Years Ago

Bandaged knees and a bleeding cut on a forearm greeted Yoo Jonghyuk's eyes. He met the others and noticed the bandaid on the nose.

"What happened? Squid?" The boy asked.

Kim Dokja frowned. "I was climbing the fence. . . " he pursed his lips into a pout and looked away, his other arm's Index finger forming circles.

"Knees?"

"I fell. . . "

"Nose?"

"Cupboard."

"Dumbass." Yoo Jonghyuk settled, frowning and sitting on a swing; he pointed at the empty one beside him for his friend.

"I'm not as dumb as you, Sunfish." Dokja murmured, sitting down on the swing beside.

It was a gentle evening, sun setting in a brilliant orange and pink hue- and the playground empty, leaving just the two with the rustling leaves and ticks of the tall clock. They both sat in silence before Yoo Jonghyuk clicked his tongue and got off the swing, leaving it swinging behind him as he crossed over to Kim Dokja's.

"What is it? Jonghyuk-ah?" The boy asked, dark eyes glistening with the sunlight.

"Show me your hand," despite the elevation of the swing, Yoo Jonghyuk was still taller.

He inclined his hand forward.

"No?"

"It'll get infected, pretty sure we were warned about that in school." He reached into his pocket and took out a small hand sanitizer bottle. Then, reached into his other pocket and took out a bandaid.

Kim Dokja whined at the sight of hand sanitizer. It would sting.

Yoo Jonghyuk wordlessly grabbed Dokja's hand and studied the wound. "Are you sure this is from the fence?"

It looked like it was from a sharp edge. . . maybe add some push, to begin with.

The other boy looked away, pouting and scrunching his eyes shut, "why should I lie to you? Sunfish?" He huffed, but Jonghyuk found something off about it.

With a shrug, "you lie for no reason." He murmured and opened the lid to the sanitizer bottle, hearing a whimper from the other.

"I haven't done anything."

"Exactly! It's even worse anticipating!" Kim Dokja whined.

Yoo Jonghyuk rolled his eyes and squeezed some of the clear jelly liquid on the wound, immediately hearing a hiss from Dokja. "What are you? A cat?" Jonghyuk asked.

"Better a cat than squid." The boy rubbed his eyes on his other hand.

"Do you have a napkin? Dokja?" Yoo Jonghyuk asked. Kim Dokja nodded and lowered the hand covering his eyes(which were still closed) and reached into the baggy shorts and handed Yoo Jonghyuk a properly folded tissue paper.

Yoo Jonghyuk opened it and took the inside part to use. He dabbed it on the injury, getting other sharp hisses from Kim Dokja; the boy had got his arm once again to block his eyes.

Once the blood that had dried was gone, Yoo Jonghyuk took the band-aid out and ripped the packet open. He caught the olive-colored adhesive and aimed it to place on Dokja's arm.

When he did, he earned a jerk from the boy.

"You can open your eyes now, I'm done Dokja," he said, turning around and throwing the trash in a bin and turning back to where he was prior. He was immediately overthrown on the grass by the shorter lunging on top of him- wrapping his arms around Yoo Jonghyuk.