Chapter 9: The Next Day

Pain. All that Kim Dokja felt. He sat up on the couch and groaned; as if it'd reduce the sharp pang in his head. Along with that, his neck was crammed, stiff in a familiar way.

The man shifted a bit, silently groaning till he could see partially above him.

He collapsed back down in his position and immediately sat up, blinking. Despite his aching body, he pushed himself to sit against the couch's cushion and turned to his left.

Yoo Jonghyuk was still frozen, eyes closed and mouth ajar with steady breathing even when Dokja shifted so much. A cracked memory came back to Kim Dokja, and he noted that this was the third time he had woken up on Jonghyuk's thigh and uncountable'th time he had woken up in the latter's house.

This wasn't anything new. But the feeling which Kim Dokja got from it got more vivid each time. He averted his eyes and glanced at the clock, which showed 7:34 AM.

It certainly wasn't a pleasant wake, but the sleep was enough. Dokja shifted a bit, so he sat on a single folded leg and reached his hand to poke Yoo Jonghyuk's cheek.

Yoo Jonghyuk nibbled on the inside of his mouth at the touch.

An action he had done so many times. Yoo Jonghyuk didn't fidget much, and heaved a deep breath. Kim Dokja felt his lips churn into a pout, and he narrowed his eyes. Yoo Jonghyuk was a heavy sleeper, not something Dokja was a fan of.

He sighed and rested his head on Yoo Jonghyuk's chest, pressing his elbows lightly against the latter's thigh to prop himself. Jonghyuk-ah wouldn't mind.

Eyes closing, he took a deep breath and huffed.

When he fell asleep, his hands subconsciously wrapped around Yoo Jonghyuk's arm. And the other man shifted his hand to Kim Dokja's shoulder as if in a guarding motion.

Maybe the alcohol still hadn't worn off.

—————

". . . Kim Dokja. .."

Kim Dokja's brows tensed.

"Kim Dokja."

He shifted a bit- and suddenly felt a drop for a moment. . . till something caught him. "Kim. Fucking. Dokja."

Dokja's opened his eyes and was met with Yoo Jonghyuk glaring at him—not in an angry way, but just glaring. And the other's arms were preventing him from hitting the carpet.

"Good morning, Jonghyuk-ah," Kim Dokja spoke, his eyes feeling heavy and heart racing. He groaned slightly and shifted a bit till he sat up. The first effects of the hangover seemed to have ceased into a headache.

"Why do you move so much?" Yoo Jonghyuk asked, cracking his neck and shifting the position of his legs(by the way he did it, Kim Dokja guessed right away that they were numb.)

"Dunno," Dokja still tasted bitter somewhere in his throat, but ignoring that, he turned to face the other. "I didn't do anything stupid, right?"

Yoo Jonghyuk froze, and the sharp features of his face swapped with ones of a flustered person, "no, you didn't do anything. Kim Dokja."

Kim Dokja clicked his tongue. "Jonghyuk-ah, it's a bit obvious if you make a face like that."

"Huh?"

"What did I do?" Dokja asked once again, this time his voice partly pitched in concern. What if he hurt Yoo Jonghyuk? Said something rash? He must've done something.

Yoo Jonghyuk cleared his throat, "how are you feeling?"

So avoidance. It wasn't like the other to avoid anything. "My neck's sore and my head's aching," he replied honestly, pressing against his shoulder and tilting his head. He yawned. "What's the time?"