Pilot

꧁༺ ༻꧂
This story takes place at the beginning of season one (begining of the school year).
Not sure what's canon on behalf of sexuality, but in this story, Saiki is PanRomantic/Demisexual.
꧁༺ ༻꧂

"Normal dialogue."
'Thoughts.'
"Saiki dialogue."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Mom!" A cry of panic echoes through the [l/n]-Kaneko household. The middle-aged couple sat in their living room in their respective favored spots, letting out amused chuckles. A thumping tumble down the stairs caused the pair to lift their eyes from their activities to look at the disheveled young man. His [color] eyes running the scape of the room, hair a mess from anxious fingers running through them.

"If you had come home a week earlier like planned then you wouldn't be in such a rush to get ready." The man chuckled lowering his gaze back to knitting needles and yarn in his lap.

"It wasn't me or Baba's idea for me to stay longer! Just happened." He began rummaging through the hall closet. "Mom, have you seen where I put my new shoes? I thought they were in my room."

"No silly," She sighed setting her bookmark in it's place to stand and guide the boy. "They're on the rack by the door." The moment the boy rounded the corner to the entranceway to see his new [color/brand] sneakers sat safely on the rack he bounced on the balls of his feet.

"Thanks!" he called turning back to dash up the stairs to his room again.

"Don't run on the stairs!" His father called. Shaking his head at the young man's antics, he turned his full focus to his craft.

"Darling, just pack your books into your bag and call it good, you're going to be late!" His mother called lifting his lunch from the counter holding it out to him as he swung his bag onto his shoulder and begun buttoning his green blazer. Her smile softened as she watched her boy frantically take his lunch and set it gently in his bag.

"How do I look?" His eyes flickered between his two parents. They both let out laughs at his excited eyes.

"Go on [y/n], you're running late."

"Right, got it!" [y/n] nodded, waving them off as he slipped on his shoes and was out the door. He gave a polite smile and wave to the girl leaving her house across the street. She had lived across from him since he was in middle school, though they never went further than idol small talk. Arisu Makino was her name, though she was a first-year so [y/n] never sees much of her. Another PK student lived down the street from him, but it was a really intimidating uperclassman that he preferred to avoid.

"Good morning." Makino returned the small wave, and they walked at a short distance to the school in silence.

[y/n] had spent the summer with his grandmother in Okinawa, where she owns an Inn. He originally was meant to come home a week ago, but his Baba had some problems at the hotel that needed fixing before she was able to bring him home. Well, suppose [y/n] could have flown home by himself, but we all have our weaknesses, and flying was his. Boats too, anything that meant his feet weren't on the ground really.