Chapter 8

༺༻
So, I realized with writing this chapter, that there are some pretty big time jumps between episodes. . . Like the last chapter was based on the Christmas episode and the very next episode is two whole months later in February! Yikes!

So to keep you in the loop on where you're at, [y/n] and Saiki have been going steady. They're together, but not under any official titles (boyfriends, partners, etc.) They're kind of on the down-low, so only their closest know about them: Kaidou, Nendou, Hairo, and of course Saiki's number one stalker, Teruhashi.

!!THIS CHAPTER HAS SOME ANGST!!

That's all! Enjoy, Friends! :)
༺༻

That's all! Enjoy, Friends! :)꧁༺༻꧂

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

'This stinks! What idiot went around the school telling everyone I brought chocolates today? Thanks to him all day it's been yap yap, look at me, teruhashi, look at me!' Teruhashi snapped in her thoughts at the boys who harassed her for attention. Total simps, all of them are the embodied definition of the word. Waiting away their time and money on a girl they know will never settle for them. It's kind of sad to watch. Even sadder to watch a girl completely surrounded by men who want nothing more than living out preverted fantasies with her. None of them have any idea how uncomfortable and anxious that makes a lady nowadays. Shameful really.

So, despite his feelings towards Teruhashi, who is forever trying to steal his man, [y/n] stepped in. He approached Teruhashi with the nicest smile he can muster up for her, and said, "Teruhashi, you wanna walk to class together?"

Now, a cockblock or not, Teruhashi's fanboys know better than to upset class three's innocent little Kaneko. Half of them wouldn't dream of bothering him anyways, after all, Teruhashi isn't the only pretty perfect person in this school who has a following. So the crowd of boys disappointed dispersed. Aside from a few stragglers who decided now was their time to strike; as soon as Kaneko was gone, that is.

"What?" Teruhashi stuttered. She assumed that Kaneko was the last person to want anything to do with her or her Valentine's day chocolates. So why was he trying to get her attention like the other boys?

She stiffened nervously when [y/n]'s pretty smile morphed into something dangerous, unsettling. His eyes et on something over her shoulder, so slowly she peeked to find a few boys watching her from a short distance. At being caught staring, they bowed with stuttered apologies and made a run for it. When she turned back, Kaneko's face was neutral, almost completely uninterested.

"Oh, thank you!" She smiled, genuinely grateful for him scaring of those dweebs. She was surprised to find that he returned the sentiment with a genuine smile of his own, not the hollow one he wore beforehand.